Former Saints DE Will Smith Shot and Killed in New Orleans

some fresh info in the pipeline today --- hearings in progress with police testifying right now.

https://twitter.com/chickforetis probably the best live updates.

earlier this week smiths tox screen came back putting him 3 times the legal limit, which probably confirms why he initially took off from the first accident.

So...drunk driver gets in beef with other armed driver, brandishes weapon, is blown away by other driver?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So...drunk driver gets in beef with other armed driver, brandishes weapon, is blown away by other driver?

from the first two that spoke today (more still to come), plus the confirmed facts so far - we would see something along the lines of smith bumps hayes, drunk so he takes off. hayes pursues and hit smiths car. both get out yelling loudly (as do passengers potentially). off duty officer says he heard smith say oh you got a gun, i got one too, that smith was found shot laying across the front seat with arm reaching towards glove compartment and that hayes stuck around in shock, and his first words to the officer were "what was i supposed to do"

i wouldnt be surprised if he genuinely thought he was properly acting in self defense. whether he was too aggressive in that, we will see. but that seems to be where things are, barring a major curveball

the first today was an offduty that was on the block coincidentally (brand new to the force this year)

second today was the first responding officer (new as of last august)

the one that just stepped up is a 5 year vet that helped in the initial interview of hayes, so he will probably share some solid info on the course of the night

Edited by NoSaint

the detective on the stand now says that hayes told him that smith hit him in the head 3 times during their exchange. thats the first ive heard of an actual scuffle beyond yelling and threats, if its true.

Donald Chick Foret ‏@chickforet 13s13 seconds ago New Orleans, LA

Hayes made a spontaneous statement. Self defense. Attacked by 3 or 4 people. Smith punched him 3 or 4 times. Hayes had his gun when attacked

Donald Chick Foret ?@chickforet 16s16 seconds ago New Orleans, LA

Telling the big guy no no no don't do that.

Donald Chick Foret ?@chickforet 17s18 seconds ago New Orleans, LA

I feared for my life? State objects. Statement being replayed. Audio is not the best. Video is clear. Hayes has head down when speaking.

Donald Chick Foret ?@chickforet 29s30 seconds ago New Orleans, LA

3 or 4 people surrounded me.

Edited by NoSaint