An issue so pervasive, it requires a story to tell us it is.

I understand it's an election year, and it easy for the thing you care about to get crowded out. However, the irony here is just too funny to let pass by.

There's a hole in your bucket, dear Liza, a hole.

IF the climate counts....why do you need to tell us so? If this is fact:

“There’s very little question that one of the most dominant trends in public opinion is that people are more aware of environmental science and environmental issues,” says Cohen. “And younger people are more aware of them than older people. So the demographics are pretty straightforward here.”

Then how do you explain this, in your own article :blink:, Liza?

Voters rank the environment, writ large, as less important than a long list of issues that includes the economy, terrorism, education, and jobs, according to the Pew Research Center.

Which contradicts the above completely. You aren't "dominant" or a "trend" if you are at the bottom of the list/don't even make the list now on most issue polls. Cohen is a moron. All he is doing is finding a way to use the word "demographics" in a sentence, which is a dog whistle for the rest of the affected/deluded left. Dog whistle hell, it's a "comfort word". That's what all of this is. You've heard of comfort food. The left needs comfort words now, hence this article.

So, how the F does it "count"? It does not. Not this year. Probably never again. Citing a few 1 day news stories doesn't make climate into a major general election issue, and it's ridiculous when you've already conceeded that it's at the bottom of the list.

The only place climate counts? In the leftist's deluded own wishful thinking world. It's the same, and only, place whre Obama is competent, and a good leader(despite the mountain of empirical evidence to the contrary). It's where the leftist foreign policy, that we "had" to get in place since 2006, of "smart diplomacy" and "engagement"...isn't seen as being a F'ing candy ass by the rest of the world, and isn't therefore an abysmal failure. Yeah, "End the Iraq War!" Fine slogan. I have one too "You get weak? You get ISIS!".

This is not a climate change thread as much as it is about direct evidence of the delusions leftists labor under on a daily basis.

I'm telling you all: they know deep down that every single idea they have preached since before 2006 has now failed in practice. So, they are going to their happy place. A place where Bernie Sander's promises can actually be kept. Why else do you think Sanders is still alive?

Mass delusion. Mass defense mechanism. The left aren't serious people anymore. No one should fear them, and their brains/arguments are merely tissue paper.

I understand it's an election year, and it easy for the thing you care about to get crowded out. However, the irony here is just too funny to let pass by.

There's a hole in your bucket, dear Liza, a hole.

IF the climate counts....why do you need to tell us so? If this is fact:

Then how do you explain this, in your own article :blink:, Liza?

Which contradicts the above completely. You aren't "dominant" or a "trend" if you are at the bottom of the list/don't even make the list now on most issue polls. Cohen is a moron. All he is doing is finding a way to use the word "demographics" in a sentence, which is a dog whistle for the rest of the affected/deluded left. Dog whistle hell, it's a "comfort word". That's what all of this is. You've heard of comfort food. The left needs comfort words now, hence this article.

I will say this, even though Climate change ranks near the bottom of people's priorities in most polls, it is an important issue for many leftists, specially the millennials. I see it every day in social media, it's a big issue for these people So there seems to be a disconnect between what polling data indicates and what I actually see. I've put some thought into this, not just in Climate change but also issues like immigration. If you ask Republicans where do they prioritize immigration, typically in polling data very few people list is as their #1 priority. However, the intensity of the argument and how much it dominates conversation and lines of attack in a GOP primary seem to contradict the polling data on that issue.

My theory is that topics such as Climate change, immigration, gay marriage aren't things that most people say are their top priorities, but that in reality they are litmus test issues for these people. So while they may state in a poll that they aren't at the top of their list, if a candidate doesn't line up with them on these issues, they are crossed off as a potential candidate they can get behind.

Edited by Magox

I will say this, even though Climate change ranks near the bottom of people's priorities in most polls, it is an important issue for many leftists, specially the millennials. I see it every day in social media, it's a big issue for these people So there seems to be a disconnect between what polling data indicates and what I actually see. I've put some thought into this, not just in Climate change but also issues like immigration. If you ask Republicans where do they prioritize immigration, typically in polling data very few people list is as their #1 priority. However, the intensity of the argument and how much it dominates conversation and lines of attack in a GOP primary seem to contradict the polling data on that issue.

My theory is that topics such as Climate change, immigration, gay marriage aren't things that most people say are their top priorities, but that in reality they are litmus test issues for these people. So while they may state in a poll that they aren't at the top of their list, if a candidate doesn't line up with them on these issues, they are crossed off as a potential candidate they can get behind.

Perhaps.

But, none of that changes the central argument: all of their policies, that "if only we were in charge", were tried and failed. Miserably. Now, instead of introspection, instead of thinking: "Hmm, what's a better solution to do X(and/or are we even certain X is the problem, have we defined it properly)?"

They go full Bernie Sanders.

The delusion/wishfulness is in effect, who knows how bad/big it gets, but, this kind of bubble always pops. This ain't North Korea, whose entire function is to keep the bubble intact. Nope, and running further to the left of Obama is political suicide. Absolute suicide. All that's happening here is a lot of people choosing "feel the Bern" over "I'm an idiot, and next time I need to learn more before I toss my full support behind a guy whose entire reason for being is "I'm Black!". That's because deep down: they all KNOW they deserve to lose this election, give the events of the last 10 years and their results.

In the end, you cannot win with a delusion. Much of this is about protecting the left's precious egos...not a real political movement. The article above proves that. This means that it's unlikely we're going to see the left on election day with the same energy as the right.

Lack of Energy Defined: The need to tell us that an "important" issue, is...important. Think about the psychology at work here. If your social media pals are so right, and committed, why the need for all the talk? Why the need for this article in general?

Is anybody seriously writing articles reminding us that terrorism, the economy, jobs, etc. are 2016 issues? No. Their editors wouldn't allow it. A real issue doesn't need PR.

Again, the entire "Don't forget about climate...cause it counts!" is hilarious. I would be willing to bet that most of the schit that you see on social media, is 10x more about "I don't want to admit I was wrong" than it is "I have a genuine concern for the human race".

Edited by OCinBuffalo