Maybe I'm being selfish.....

Mike32282

But as a fan of the Rochester Amerks, a team that is leading the AHL right now and is on a record breaking pace for home wins in a row. I'm pretty pissed that the NHL is going to have a pathetic 24 game season with a full Stanley Cup playoffs. Number 1, that takes away from one of the most exciting AHL seasons in a while. A bunch of players in the AHL teams would be in the NHL if it were back. Number 2, it makes the Stanley cup worthless, because 24 games will not show you much. Then look at the Amerks...they are 56-38-10-3-5 and have the most points in the AHL with 84. The next team behind them has 76 points. They have the Calder Cup excitement back in Rochester. However if the NHL starts back up, the normal promotion thing will happen and the NHL will lose it's top players. Check out these names. i guarantee as least half of them will be upgraded to the Sabres.

G Ryan Miller

C Derek Roy

LW Thomas Vanek

LW Daniel Paille

RW Jason Pominville

D Jeff Jillson

C Chris Taylor

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: NHL and NHLPA, you greedy money grubbing bastards. You are only doing this so you can pocket the money from whats left of the season.

But as a fan of the Rochester Amerks, a team that is leading the AHL right now and is on a record breaking pace for home wins in a row.  I'm pretty pissed that the NHL is going to have a pathetic 24 game season with a full Stanley Cup playoffs.  Number 1, that takes away from one of the most exciting AHL seasons in a while.  A bunch of players in the AHL teams would be in the NHL if it were back.  Number 2, it makes the Stanley cup worthless, because 24 games will not show you much.  Then look at the Amerks...they are  56-38-10-3-5 and have the most points in the AHL with 84.  The next team behind them has 76 points.  They have the Calder Cup excitement back in Rochester.  However if the NHL starts back up, the normal promotion thing will happen and the NHL will lose it's top players.  Check out these names.  i guarantee as least half of them will be upgraded to the Sabres.

G Ryan Miller

C Derek Roy

LW Thomas Vanek

LW Daniel Paille

RW Jason Pominville

D Jeff Jillson

C Chris Taylor

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: NHL and NHLPA, you greedy money grubbing bastards.  You are only doing this so you can pocket the money from whats left of the season.

245849[/snapback]

Dude, seriously, it's cool and all that you like watching AAA hockey, but nothing will be better than if i wake up tomorrow to the news that there will be a season in the NHL.

News Flash: You can still watch the minor leaguers, and they will now realize they still have something to play for: a spot on a NHL team.

Dude, seriously, it's cool and all that you like watching AAA hockey, but nothing will be better than if i wake up tomorrow to the news that there will be a season in the NHL.

News Flash: You can still watch the minor leaguers, and they will now realize they still have something to play for: a spot on a NHL team.

245851[/snapback]

Dude, I'm in Rochester and the Amerks are our home team. We have been having problems getting to the Calder Cup lately because of callups. Read the Amerks board. This is exactly what the fans were afraid of. Yes, I'm glad that the Sabres and all are coming back. But what is the point? 24 games? woo hoo. :rolleyes: What they should do is fix the league to bring the fans back. Implement rule changes and other things and work on this during the Summer, so a regular season will be all ready for the new and improved NHL. This allows the the European league and the AHL to enjoy their success before the NHL takes all the top players away again.