Broncos Talking to Manziel; Agent Drops Manziel as Client

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sadly, his own father said he doesn't know if he will make it to his next birthday. Ugh

i forgot about that.

It's tragic to see a young life just being thrown away with seemingly no one being able to stop the path of destruction.

oh absolutely. my bro was down that path. dropped out of high school, addicted to opiates and just going nowhere until he was about 25. he just started a great job last week and i'm on cloud nine cause we didn't think he'd make it or what would happen. he's been clean for over 2 years.

i forgot about that.

oh absolutely. my bro was down that path. dropped out of high school, addicted to opiates and just going nowhere until he was about 25. he just started a great job last week and i'm on cloud nine cause we didn't think he'd make it or what would happen. he's been clean for over 2 years.

Absolutely great to hear that! Congrats to him. :thumbsup:

Good point raised on Cbus radio today that you can't really trust rosenhaus and he may just be saying this to set up the rehab and to make it appear it can be "fixed" and isn't affluenza, etc.

The first rehab stint didn't do much, however. If indeed he actually went.

I think he went. I think the Browns saw to that. The problem with externally imposed rehab is that it misses the "admitted to myself that my life had become unmanageable" desire to change.

I think Rosenhaus is all about Rosenhaus. I think he took Johnny on in the belief that Johnny could/would keep his nose clean and be a marketable commodity. I don't think he wants to try to market a steaming hot mess - that just makes him look like fool.

I don't understand the logic that Rosenhaus staged Manziel crashing into a telephone pole, fleeing, and getting picked up by Josh Gordon of all people, to make it appear that it can be "fixed" .

i forgot about that.

My son was on a similar path. Today is his 27th birthday. It wasn't until he was about 25 that he started to get it together. Nothing magical, but many people told us about how the frontal lobe and decision making doesn't come together until about that point. We were told we just had to keep trying to keep him alive. He starts a great new job Monday, is a FANTASTIC single father and is doing better than we ever could have hoped for. It's truly amazing. Hoping for a turnaround like that for Manziel, and anyone else who needs it.

My son was on a similar path. Today is his 27th birthday. It wasn't until he was about 25 that he started to get it together. Nothing magical, but many people told us about how the frontal lobe and decision making doesn't come together until about that point. We were told we just had to keep trying to keep him alive. He starts a great new job Monday, is a FANTASTIC single father and is doing better than we ever could have hoped for. It's truly amazing. Hoping for a turnaround like that for Manziel, and anyone else who needs it.

my bro turned 27 in feb. very similar path! good to hear!

Excellent! :thumbsup:

I did a similar thing, but I don't give a **** if Manziel puts his life together. He is a rich spoiled brat who had every change in life to be a good person and he didn't give a ****.

I did a similar thing, but I don't give a **** if Manziel puts his life together. He is a rich spoiled brat who had every change in life to be a good person and he didn't give a ****.

I'm not denying he's spoiled or rich. I'm. Not holding that against him as he fights for his life. He's still a person. I pray he doesn't hurt anyone else. It's OK to agree to disagree.

I'm not denying he's spoiled or rich. I'm. Not holding that against him as he fights for his life. He's still a person. I pray he doesn't hurt anyone else. It's OK to agree to disagree.

that's well-put IMO.

I keep thinking back to that article in ESPN mag when he was still at a&m where his parents said they expect to get a call one night and it will be very bad. This has been going on a really long time, and just appears to be getting worse.

Edited by YoloinOhio

The Rosenhaus thing seems odd to me, and honestly like a publicity stunt. (In talking about The agent here, and not JM.)

He signs him and days later discovers he is a train wreck and drops him? Did he do any due diligence? Google search?

I agree and find this so sad. And it has nothing to do with football. Life has a lot more to give than football and if JM can right his shop.....ever....even after he is too old for football, it will be a good thing. I also hope he does not hurt anyone else along the way. At some point he probably will hurt someone and if he does, he'll need to pay his debt to society.

Ultimately he needs to do this himself. It is clear that many have tried to help him and failed thus far. His parents in particular must feel at such a loss for what to do.

And I disagree with Fire Chan about this being greeted with glee. I think some of the football related aspects were greeted that way by some but I don't think a single poster on the board is enjoying seeing this and I don't recall reading where anyone said they would be happy to see his life torn apart.

@bustedcoverage

Least shocking Manziel news of the week: He got a '420' Roman numerals tat

http://bustedcoverage.com/2016/04/15/johnny-manziel-420-tattoo-photos/

Not being a pot addict I don't know what 420 means. Can someone explain it?

Also it is very clear that Manziel's issues are deep and not only pot related but I'm sure your post will get the pro-pot reality deniers out in force.