AFC East Roster Reset: Can Any Team Catch the Patriots?

@AroundTheNFL

CfckOE3UkAE1JZh.jpg

Buffalo Bills

No more excuses for Rex: The Bills were one of the AFC's biggest disappointments last season. Their 8-8 record was another black mark on the resume for Rex Ryan, who might need GPS to get back to the playoffs at this point.

The good news? For the first time in forever, the Bills have no question about their opening day quarterback. Tyrod Taylor is locked in as QB1, even if his team won't return his agent's calls. It's been a quiet offseason for Buffalo, which perhaps makes sense after the fireworks that came with Ryan's arrivals. It's a playoff-or-bust type of year for a team that hasn't qualified for the postseason competition in this century.

Let's wait until after the draft. But right now NY jets look to be the best contender and Miami not far behind with buffalo a dark horse. We know the jets have talent and good coaching. We know it would be hard for Miami to get worse in 2016 than 2015. And we have Rex Ryan.

8-8 at best for us makes us anything but a contender

Let's wait until after the draft. But right now NY jets look to be the best contender and Miami not far behind with buffalo a dark horse. We know the jets have talent and good coaching. We know it would be hard for Miami to get worse in 2016 than 2015. And we have Rex Ryan.

Good point on the Jets, but not on the Dophins. They've made head scratching decisions this off season losing great players with a future for inferior talent.

The jets have to fix the Fitzy thing to be in the potential #2 spot for the AFCE and a better draft than us. I believe we are basically even at this point.

Je

Right now the Jets do not have an NFL starting QB on their roster and have no cap room to sign one. Until then they are not a threat to anyone. The Dolphins have not really upgraded a roster that lost badly to the Bills twice last year, Perhaps better coaching will lead to improvement. All in all it is still too early to tell, including the Bills

JeRight now the Jets do not have an NFL starting QB on their roster and have no cap room to sign one. Until then they are not a threat to anyone. The Dolphins have not really upgraded a roster that lost badly to the Bills twice last year, Perhaps better coaching will lead to improvement. All in all it is still too early to tell, including the Bills

half the season the broncos didn't either. I'm not saying jets win the Superbowl. I have more faith in the Sharks winning the SB next year than jets. But the jets will win...

half the season the broncos didn't either. I'm not saying jets win the Superbowl. I have more faith in the Sharks winning the SB next year than jets. But the jets will win...

There's a ton of offseason left but if they don't sign Fitzy they ain't winning.

There's a ton of offseason left but if they don't sign Fitzy they ain't winning.

Sorry but if they sign Fitzy they ain't winning. Why do you think in a QB hungry league no other team has picked him up? He is the same exact guy that teased Buffalo with the occasional flash of good play but in the end that flash was simply an explosion of poorly timed mistakes. He burned himself and his team in B-lo last year in the final game.

Why are you saying 8-8 at best?

2-2 against the NFC west most likely. 2-4 intra division. We travel some big distances. Have some tough games

But to be fair you NEVER think the Bills are going to win.

I've usually the most positive for the record.

@AroundTheNFL

CfhsRavUMAA-01n.jpg
@MarcSesslerNFL

Marc Sessler Retweeted Around The NFL

Ranking the AFC from top to bottom.

Lagging behind

Bills, Chargers, Dolphins, Titans, Browns

Fans don't want to see their teams this low, but here's the truth: Not much separates 80 percent of the AFC. The Bills were wise to slap the franchise tag on tackle Cordy Glenn and re-up with guard Richie Incognito. Could a contract extension for Tyrod Taylor come next? The Bills feel in no rush to make that happen.

I think the offensive line will still be a huge issue for the Patriots this season. Getting Jonathan Cooper at guard in the Chandler Jones trade will help, but they were awful, and as we know better than anyone, offensive lines need time to develop chemistry and rhythm. You can't just fix them in one offseason.

They have people to throw it and catch it, but if the line struggles it will be tough going for Brady. We played them close last game, Rex's defense was starting to catch fire. I think we split with them this year.

Yes.....the bills beating both of these teams TWICE last season is no reason to be enthused about being the team that might dethrone the pats....if anyone can.

2-2 against the NFC west most likely. 2-4 intra division. We travel some big distances. Have some tough games

I've usually the most positive for the record.

No WAY is this team 2-4 intra division next year, are we getting swept by Fitzy's Jets? Common, man....

To be fair that isn't true.

I thought the team could compete for the playoffs going into last season....Before Rex !@#$ed it up.

I remember that you had us at like 2 wins when we hit the 6 mark. Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else, but I don't think so.

Sorry but if they sign Fitzy they ain't winning. Why do you think in a QB hungry league no other team has picked him up? He is the same exact guy that teased Buffalo with the occasional flash of good play but in the end that flash was simply an explosion of poorly timed mistakes. He burned himself and his team in B-lo last year in the final game.

What QB that is realistically available right now or on their roster gives the Jets a better shot at winning than Fitz?