80 Year Older Gary Player Hole-in-One

Did I catch the video right, if you listen closely at end... I think he says that is his 35th hole-in-one? Man, that is a ton of golf... Was I mistaken hearing that?

Sharp as a tack in his counting...

The announcer said it was his 31st. Just incredible.

Nine overall holes-in-one during the par-3 tourney yesterday, an all-time record.

AMAZING!!

What a wonderful new memory for him.

Many many years ago I had the pleasure of

spending a few minutes around him at The Colonial Golf Club in Fort Worth Texas. He was all class that day.

He opened a course many years ago here in southern Colorado and I had the chance to meet him. He was exactly as you said, class act all the way.

That being said, in interviews I think he kinda comes off as a little smug. Gary's never shy about telling a "how great is Gary" story. A few years ago in 2008 he was on a crusade to break Arnie's record for playing in the most Master's. When the media asked Arnie about it that week, (and I wish I could find the link), his response was classic Arnie: "Who gives a s&%#?" :lol:

He opened a course many years ago here in southern Colorado and I had the chance to meet him. He was exactly as you said, class act all the way.

That being said, in interviews I think he kinda comes off as a little smug. Gary's never shy about telling a "how great is Gary" story. A few years ago in 2008 he was on a crusade to break Arnie's record for playing in the most Master's. When the media asked Arnie about it that week, (and I wish I could find the link), his response was classic Arnie: "Who gives a s&%#?" :lol:

Have you noticed that Gugny has supplanted you as Head Putz around these parts?

Have you noticed that Gugny has supplanted you as Head Putz around these parts?

Still a little salty over me being called the thinking man's Beerball huh? Enjoy the Candy Corn I'm dropping in the mail today!!! Nice and stale, just like you like 'em, numbnuts!!!!

Edited by Bullpen