The Bills took Paxton Lynch to dinner last night.

Could still even tag and over the next two years I'd bet our backup qb throws 100+ passes to give you an idea of your two options.

If they take a qb at 19 though it would seem to be a strong message that they were doing a lot to protect/hide TT last year and aren't sure about his presnap reads, seeing the middle of the field, going through progressions etc.... I think they like him but we don't know exactly what they think

Fair enough. I didn't consider the tagging option for 2017 as the post I was responding mentioned drafting Lynch so we can let Tyrod walk after this season. However, even if Tyrod only maintains a level of play equal to last season I still wouldn't be comfortable letting him go. We probably will get to see the backup start a few games, but there's a big difference between that and being the starter. Even if a guy like Lynch looked great in a few starts, it's no guarantee he'll be a long term success. I do agree with your last point wholeheartedly. If we do draft a guy like Lynch it means we're not sold on Tyrod. It's as simple as that. If we're sold on Tyrod we will do what it takes to resign him. In the NFL today you don't let even average starting QB's go. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

They ordered wings, obviously, to see if he uses ranch or blue cheese. If he chose correctly, they know what to do, especially considering TT's decision-making where this is concerned. That's not coachable IMO.

Excellant point and one of my biggest concerns with Tyrod. Ranch? really. Someone take this guy out and teach hims some

Buffalo dining traditions.

The Bills took Paxton Lynch to dinner, which could mean many things. Here are the facts so far:

1. Whaley tipped his hand taking Lynch to dinner rather than just go out for drinks. Any way you look at it, Paxton knows that we're QB "thirsty" if you will; (-2 Bills)

2. Dinner reservations were for 8:30 and the meal lasted for 3 hours. Promising sign; (+1 Bills)

3. They let Lynch order whatever he wanted and he chose the chicken which was the cheapest item on the menu. This might mean he isn't entertaining the idea of playing for us, or maybe he just really likes chicken; (+/- 0 Bills)

4. Lynch was reportedly texting a lot until apps arrived. He might be talking to other teams. Either way, not very courteous; (-2 Bills);

5. It turns out he was texting his roommate who just broke up with girlfriend; (+2 Bills)

6. Lynch recalled a joke Whaley had made at the combine and referenced it at dinner with a big smile; (+3 Bills)

7. Lynch didn't even offer to split the check. He didn't even pretend he was reaching for his wallet when the bill came; (-1 Bills)

In summary, +1 Bills. I think we have a real shot at a second date with Paxton and Whaley should have just gone for the kiss rather than puss out with the goodnight hug. The Bills have elected to play it slow with Lynch. If he returns Whaley's text tomorrow afternoon, I think we might be fully pregnant by Sunday morning.

The Bills took Paxton Lynch to dinner, which could mean many things. Here are the facts so far:

1. Whaley tipped his hand taking Lynch to dinner rather than just go out for drinks. Any way you look at it, Paxton knows that we're QB "thirsty" if you will; (-2 Bills)

2. Dinner reservations were for 8:30 and the meal lasted for 3 hours. Promising sign; (+1 Bills)

3. They let Lynch order whatever he wanted and he chose the chicken which was the cheapest item on the menu. This might mean he isn't entertaining the idea of playing for us, or maybe he just really likes chicken; (+/- 0 Bills)

4. Lynch was reportedly texting a lot until apps arrived. He might be talking to other teams. Either way, not very courteous; (-2 Bills);

5. It turns out he was texting his roommate who just broke up with girlfriend; (+2 Bills)

6. Lynch recalled a joke Whaley had made at the combine and referenced it at dinner with a big smile; (+3 Bills)

7. Lynch didn't even offer to split the check. He didn't even pretend he was reaching for his wallet when the bill came; (-1 Bills)

In summary, +1 Bills. I think we have a real shot at a second date with Paxton and Whaley should have just gone for the kiss rather than puss out with the goodnight hug. The Bills have elected to play it slow with Lynch. If he returns Whaley's text tomorrow afternoon, I think we might be fully pregnant by Sunday morning.

Hold on wait...most importantly, when did we check him for CTE?

You can if you render them clinically dead and revive them after the test. It's in the CBA.

You mean the CBA that covers NFL players? Pretty sure that draft eligible college kids who tuck their napkin into the collar of their shirt and order their steak "over easy" aren't covered.

You mean the CBA that covers NFL players? Pretty sure that draft eligible college kids who tuck their napkin into the collar of their shirt and order their steak "over easy" aren't covered.

They're covered as professionals since they no longer have college eligibility and are represented by NFLPA sanctioned agents. Look on page 2016 and see for yourself.

As i am too often more hopeful than logical, i thought i saw progression with his ability to scan the field. i could see his eyes moving as he went through his checks. He gained a bit more pocket patience and by the time he was hitting Salas i thought he had relaxed a bit.

But all your points are well taken.

I think it usually takes a rookie qb in the same system until the third year to have a really good idea how to run the system. Seems like first year is the "don't give him too much year" that can lead to decent stats and wins if the defense and running game is good, the second is the "let's throw more at him" and there is some faltering as the mental part of the game is expanded and ironed out. Hopefully with TT's additional experience he will accelerate the curve but I think it will be tough for him to play well enough to deserve a really big contract (by qb standards).

I think it usually takes a rookie qb in the same system until the third year to have a really good idea how to run the system. Seems like first year is the "don't give him too much year" that can lead to decent stats and wins if the defense and running game is good, the second is the "let's throw more at him" and there is some faltering as the mental part of the game is expanded and ironed out. Hopefully with TT's additional experience he will accelerate the curve but I think it will be tough for him to play well enough to deserve a really big contract (by qb standards).

and this i why you have to keep drafting them.

Even if TT does not improve greatly, but does not regress either, some team will pay for him.

Tough spot for the Bills.

That is why i feel , it is best he plays very very well and you give him a kings ransom and be done with it.

I do think Lynch is a smokescreen honestly. Because if he is at 19, as mentioned, some one will want to make that deal.

and Bills pick a QB in the 4th or 5th

This thread is funny as I just made it home from taking the kids home from school and this was the topic on NFLR. Those guys think he is going in the top 15. PK mentioned you have to look at age and injury and don't knock out not just Dallas picking a QB, but also San Diego. Those teams outside of injury don't expect yearly to be in the top half of the draft so this is their shot at the next QB after Romo, and Rivers.

It made sense, so they feel Lynch should be gone at the latest by the Rams at 15 or the Jets trade up to get him. He is a great athlete, and has the size of Flacco. He'd have to learn an NFL pro style offense, but their counter was so did Mariota and did well for his first year.

I'd pick him at 19, but that doesn't mean much.