Bills Sign UFA CB Sterling Moore

One less position the Bills need to worry about depth wise. With White and Moore they have two options at the dime back position. I like Moore better as he seems to be graded out way better and I think he will play as the dime back and as a backup to Robey. Solid little moves the Bills are making to sure up the depth of the secondary.

Going into the draft I had Safety and CB as potential mid round depth needs, I think it's good to take one of those need off the board in CB. The first 3 of Gilmore, Darby, and Robey are very good and the team has a ton of options in Moore, White, and Mario Butler to play the dime back and step in in case of injury.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Free agency 2016 is shaping up to be what 2006 was...quantity over quality. Of course, back then the Bills didn't spend a lot. Now they do, but went for broke in a desperate shot to make the playoffs.

Blanton, Brown, Moore, and White. Talk about underwhelming additions for the 19th ranked defense in the NFL. I guess Rex's scheme is going to save the day.

What?

THis year is nothing like 2006

Extremely pleased at the under the radar acquisitions the Bills have made. Doug W and staff have attacked with creativity to bring in at least quality depth. When I say quality depth, I mean guys good enough to play regularly for a few weeks and not kill you. And, perhaps more if they develop-all are still young. Zac Brown and Moore are both pretty decent players.

Moore was graded to be the 64th best CB by some metrics. Overall I think the grab that kind of player as a dime back is solid. Brown was another type of signing that graded out fairly high by some metrics. Both guys should provide a good amount of depth towards a defense that lost a good amount of it in free agency.

@JoeBuscaglia

The #Bills added 2 CBs in 2 days, and both have been coached by Rob Ryan. My thoughts on how Sterling Moore fits in: https://t.co/mwtA8dixBE

proxy.jpg?t=HBhfaHR0cDovL21lZGlhMi53a2J3

@ChrisTrapasso

#Bills have added Robert Blanton, Corey White & Sterling Moore to their secondary. All 25-26 y/o. All inked 1 year deals. All good depth DBs

The uniforms in that picture look like ketchup and mustard.

Do you not think it's possible to have watched that game and come away from it not knowing who stripped Lee Evans? There's no test afterward.

I watch all the primetime games and all day every Sunday and had only heard of Brown. It's not like I'm trying to remember the name of every player who makes a tackle.

Still the who posts are inane I think we agree there. I'm glad you're as learned as you are and thanks for the info.

Sure, it's totally possible that someone would miss the name. You more alluded to my point with your final comments.

Sterling Moore: "I'm a very aggressive corner" (11:36)

Newly signed Bills cornerback Sterling Moore joined The John Murphy Show to discuss his career around the NFL, his relationship with coach Rob Ryan, and a few significant moments in games against the Bills and in the playoffs.

The Bills actually agreed to a deal with Moore last week on Friday.

He's also the guy that made the defining play in the AFC Championship game a few years back--stripping then-Raven Lee Evans of the game-winning TD catch in the final minute.

I have discovered over the last few days that many fans on this board don't really watch much football, as I see the "who?" posts when the team signs a guy like Moore, Brown, or Blanton.

I can only answer this by quoting myself. " a no name who had a career game against the Bills "

Since you happen to watch football it's quiz time:

Name the player who caught the Seattle hailmary versus the Packers when the replacement refs were working.

BONUS QUESTION: off the top of your head, name the 2 players who caught hailmary passes from Aaron Rodgers this year.

GOOD LUCK GENIUS!!!!

Free agency 2016 is shaping up to be what 2006 was...quantity over quality. Of course, back then the Bills didn't spend a lot. Now they do, but went for broke in a desperate shot to make the playoffs.

Blanton, Brown, Moore, and White. Talk about underwhelming additions for the 19th ranked defense in the NFL. I guess Rex's scheme is going to save the day.

Who were they supposed to get that they could afford?

I knew the answers to all of the above immediately, which means I watch way too much football. :lol:

Wow..I lost 200$ on that packer game and I can't remember who intercepted that ball. I can visualize the Huge push in the back that wasn't called, but can't remember the name

Moore was graded to be the 64th best CB by some metrics. Overall I think the grab that kind of player as a dime back is solid. Brown was another type of signing that graded out fairly high by some metrics. Both guys should provide a good amount of depth towards a defense that lost a good amount of it in free agency.

The signings also give us more flexibility come draft day.

Thank you. After googling him and reading up on the guy myself, I literally opened this thread for the sole purpose of seeing people mock the relative anonymity of the player by sarcastically proclaiming that this signing would translate to a championship. Again, for the sole purpose of annoying myself. And then I wrote about it.

There was one championship comment.

I can only answer this by quoting myself. " a no name who had a career game against the Bills "

Since you happen to watch football it's quiz time:

Name the player who caught the Seattle hailmary versus the Packers when the replacement refs were working.

BONUS QUESTION: off the top of your head, name the 2 players who caught hailmary passes from Aaron Rodgers this year.

GOOD LUCK GENIUS!!!!

Golden Tate

Richard Rodgers

Jeff Janis

Off the top of my head

One less position the Bills need to worry about depth wise. With White and Moore they have two options at the dime back position. I like Moore better as he seems to be graded out way better and I think he will play as the dime back and as a backup to Robey. Solid little moves the Bills are making to sure up the depth of the secondary.

Going into the draft I had Safety and CB as potential mid round depth needs, I think it's good to take one of those need off the board in CB. The first 3 of Gilmore, Darby, and Robey are very good and the team has a ton of options in Moore, White, and Mario Butler to play the dime back and step in in case of injury.

yep