Twitter reportedly has won NFL deal to stream TNF online

I guess I need to figure out how to use twitter now. Tried to avoid it as long as I could.

nah, it will still be on TV. However you don't need to have "cable" to watch the game anymore. You can watch via Twitter. Is how I read it anyway. So, different than last year's London game where Yahoo was the only option for viewers outside the markets if the two teams.

More from Darren Rovell

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15138355/twitter-wins-digital-streaming-rights-nfl-thursday-night-games

nah, it will still be on TV. However you don't need to have "cable" to watch the game anymore. You can watch via Twitter. Is how I read it anyway. So, different than last year's London game where Yahoo was the only option for viewers outside the markets if the two teams.

More from Darren Rovell

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15138355/twitter-wins-digital-streaming-rights-nfl-thursday-night-games

ok good

CBF

ok good

CBF

According to that article, Twitter will offer a 3rd platform. The games will be split between nbc, CBS and NFLN. When they are on nbc and CBS they will also be simulcast on NFL. In addition, they will all be streamed on Twitter.

Side note, I also read over the weekend that the Color Rush unis will be back for TNF...

this is very confusing...will players be taking video during the game to feed their periscope accounts?????

Update 3: And here's the full details, straight from the NFL. It looks as if Twitter has secured the rights to simulcast 10 Thursday Night Football games shown by NBC and CBS. In addition, the service will be able to offer up Periscope clips from players and teams as well as embeddable highlights.

Who cares? The NFL doesn't, as long as they were the highest bidder and paid a fortune.

$$$ baby. It's all that matters to this league.

$$$ is what matters to most businesses. The NFL is a business. I'm sure Twitter presented them with something they can use to stream the games. Perhaps Twitter is about to make an acquisition we don't yet know about.

According to that article, Twitter will offer a 3rd platform. The games will be split between nbc, CBS and NFLN. When they are on nbc and CBS they will also be simulcast on NFL. In addition, they will all be streamed on Twitter.

Side note, I also read over the weekend that the Color Rush unis will be back for TNF...

LOVE the Color Rush unis.

$$$ is what matters to most businesses. The NFL is a business. I'm sure Twitter presented them with something they can use to stream the games. Perhaps Twitter is about to make an acquisition we don't yet know about.

LOVE the Color Rush unis.

Every NFL team will be wearing a 'Color Rush' uniform in 2016.

Hopefully they'll avoid any Red vs. Green games for those who are color blind.

Twitter paid a relatively low price for the rights.

@CNBCnow

Twitter paid less than $10 million for entire 10 game NFL Thursday package - @Recode

twit : a silly annoying person, fool.

this. yes. im young and dont give a !@#$ about twitter unless its to look at pics of hot chicks with their titties out. this free TNF stream tho...

Hopefully they'll avoid any Red vs. Green games for those who are color blind.

Twitter paid a relatively low price for the rights.

@CNBCnow

Twitter paid less than $10 million for entire 10 game NFL Thursday package - @Recode

LOL you mean the christmas bowl? At least we won that eye disaster.