Electric bill

Fixxxer

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big, old house, big, old pool, two old ac units...

in the oklahoma sweat box.

Highest monthly electric bill ever, two summers ago...$425

But we have the cheapest gasoline in the country, so I got that going for me.

Edited by SAMMY HANDWICH

Depends. Winters, it's about $90. Worst it's ever been was a hot summer with heavy use of power tools and an upright freezer, which was about $400. (Yeah, power tools. Turns out that my lathe alone can cost about $70/month with moderate usage.)

Under a $100 in winter, spring, and fall... Slightly more around Christmas time. Summer from June to September it can be $150 to $200 a month seeing I like to set my house to 72 degrees F.

Flip that around for natural gas and heating, not as bad... Because from May to October gas bill can be as low as $30-$40 every TWO months. They will only read every two months in summer.

4 bedroom house 60$/month during the winter. $300/month during the summer with pool. $150/month in the summer and fall.

I like my house at 68F. Recently got the Garage doors insulated so let's see how that changes the cost.

Edited by unbillievable

4 bedroom house 60$/month during the winter. $300/month during the summer with pool. $150/month in the summer and fall.

I like my house at 68F. Recently got the Garage doors insulated so let's see how that changes the cost.

68! Insane... I thought I was at 72!

Anyway... That is still warmer than my 67 in winter! :nana:

68! Insane... I thought I was at 72!

Anyway... That is still warmer than my 67 in winter! :nana:

I like sleeping with a comforter all year. I use two during winter.

What's even more insane is that I have a portable A/C unit in my bedroom for added cooling on top of the house AC.

I like sleeping with a comforter all year. I use two during winter.

What's even more insane is that I have a portable A/C unit in my bedroom for added cooling on top of the house AC.

Holy... !!! :D

It is like a morgue in there. Hang a couple sides of beef too! :D

Sleeping in the cold helps weight loss... You skinny as a rail? :nana:

For a 2 story, 3000' house it runs between $75 and $275. We heat with a gas furnace on the main floor, a heat pump upstairs, and A/C has 2 heat pumps for cooling. I don't like that design, but that's the way they build them in S Virginia. The $275 is for the A/C.

Summer, we average ~$160. Winter, we average ~$180.

We rarely go over $200, but if it's a very cold month, we can hit up to $230.

In the in between months, where we don't use any heat or AC, we get as low as $120.

We live in a ~2000 sq. ft., colonial and my wife has no less than 8 plug-ins going year-round. Only gas used is for heat and hot water.

$90/winter.

$35/summer

1,100 sq ft. Thermostat at 61° in winter. Don't run AC. New electric HVAC and water heater helps, too. But even with old electric wawa heater it was just $10-12 more a month. thing was old

I paid more for my cable and internet bill. My cell bill is $120.

Edited by Boyst62

It typically will run about $285-$325/month, but when the AC is running, it climbs to $600.

And no, I don't have a pool.

$600 wow. I got 2200 square ft house, pool A/C. May get to $200 June thru August, usually around $75 - $100 the other months.

Just got a Heat Pump AC in July 2015, so a pattern has not yet been established.

Roughly $80 with the AC on.

Roughly $120 with the heat on.

Split level 3 bed room house.

Used to have electric baseboard heating. When those heaters came on I could

watch the meter shift into warp speed.

Edited by LewPort71

I've added lots of insulation, installed solar radiation barrier, new ducting throughout, a truck full of caulk, new windows, weather stripped all doors and bought all modern appliances and new pool pump. Installed peak and soffet vents. Drilled my own water well for watering the lawn. I've hardly dented my utility bills. (Argh! Angry face) The final piece of my efficiency makeover is two new AC units which is gonna be 8-10k (which won't happen any time soon unfortunately). It ain't easy being green. And so far I've had minimal ROI.

Edited by SAMMY HANDWICH