LB Zach Brown & DB Corey White Sign with Bills

Don't think we know the financials yet on these fellows. I think we can still sign the others, but it may be a question of getting something long term done with Cordy or Steph.

I dont think any more can be done with out either Glenn or Gilmore getting something tidied up.

Think of the Team Stephon the Elite ?!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what they see in him when Bills have no cash. I have nothing good about White yet.Maybe NS can tell us something to enlighten me?

Wish that saved it for Kroy, at least he is proven useful

Rob Ryan says he is good. And, nothing backs it up. So, I guess the signing proves Rob IS a Ryan. That is all.

worse than Chris Watson. Is that even possible?

Well Watson was a good punt catcher.

Where do we stand with cap room now?

Are Kroy Biermann & Percy Harvin no longer possible to sign?

Shouldn't really change at all since the cap at this point is highest 51 contracts. So, probably the same or lost $500 K tops. Just guessing. Edited by Manther

Brown is exactly the type of bargain the Bills needed. He isn't a premier run stuffer but he is graded very good in coverage. With the Pats* having Gronk and Bennett having a LB that can cover well is a great need for this defense. He is a guy you can plug in at MLB if there aren't better options in the draft and even if a draft pick is brought in Brown can still have an impact in particular packages.

Corey White is someone Rob Ryan must like a lot not too inspired by the signing but Brown should prove to be a great depth addition to a front 7 that desperately needs it.

Edited by billsfan89

It is totally different situation (plus Donnie Henderson is gone). Byrd was a ball hawk picked in the 2nd round that has suffered a bunch of injuries.

Corey White is a worse version of Chris Watson. There's a good chance that he doesn't make the team so I am not going to get carried away but the guy is awful. Teams just looked for him and threw at him every time he was out there. He was the worst player on one of the worst defenses ever. I'd be curious to see what NoSaint has to say on this but I'd venture to say he's in agreement.

He was at times very bad. But no one was good in that secondary. Coaching/scheme or all a result of talent? (Lucky for us we are reuniting coach and player!) In the last two years there are like 3-4 guys that got picked on in the New Orleans secondary like Justin Rogers getting beat up by the jets.

He did have a good game against the pats shutting down amendola when in Dallas and is a rob Ryan guy for better and worse- so he is familiar.

I would not be shocked if he pushed Robey for 3 but likewise no surprise if he was cut. Odds are we see him dime and filling that Ron brooks roster spot if I had to bet.

Edited by NoSaint

He was at times very bad. But no one was good in that secondary. Coaching/scheme or all a result of talent? (Lucky for us we are reuniting coach and player!) In the last two years there are like 3-4 guys that got picked on in the New Orleans secondary like Justin Rogers getting beat up by the jets.

He did have a good game against the pats shutting down amendola when in Dallas and is a rob Ryan guy for better and worse- so he is familiar.

I would not be shocked if he pushed Robey for 3 but likewise no surprise if he was cut. Odds are we see him dime and filling that Ron brooks roster spot if I had to bet.

How is he at special teams? Is he a gunner? His size and speed sound like he could replace Hogan on special teams, and perhaps be Easley's partner in crime

I think that's fair. It really is amazing how much those Saints DBs (White, SJB, Browner) struggled.

I think that's fair. It really is amazing how much those Saints DBs (White, SJB, Browner) struggled.

Even breaux who is well regarded had a million penalties and at times was completely lost but atleast it makes sense for a guy in his situation

LB Zach Brown liked vibe at 1 Bills Dr.

It had almost been a full month into free agency and LB Zach Brown hadn’t been drawing a lot of interest. But it didn’t have him antsy about finding a home. Appearing on the John Murphy Show, Brown talked about how Buffalo expressed interest and he’ll be lining up for the Bills in 2016.

“I just kept praying and had faith in God that (an opportunity) was going to come. The Bills called and it was a great chance because I was thinking they’ve got a great defense,” said Brown. “Great defensive line, great cornerbacks and Rex and Rob (Ryan) and they just got my man coach (defensive line coach – John) Blake up there. The pieces of the puzzle are there so I said, ‘I’d love to join the crew.’”