Nickel Defense is the New Base Defense in the NFL

That's pretty much what I'm getting at. I obviously don't want them to reach, but if a QB prospect they believe in is there, I really hope they select him. I like Tyrod, but you gotta pull the trigger when you have the opportunity.

I cannot argue. At least this year coming you can take time to develop one properly. I hope !!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question is which do you run if you're the Bills?

A 3-3-5 alignment or a 4-2-5?

we either need a box safety or a shut down nose tackle.

I think its easier to get a box safety than a solid nose tackle. And if I want a box safety I offer low money to whitner and play him 12-15% of the snaps - run downs.

I think its easier to get a box safety than a solid nose tackle. And if I want a box safety I offer low money to whitner and play him 12-15% of the snaps - run downs.

I think Blanton might be the box safety. What I've heard on him is that he can lay the lumber but isn't much help in coverage. With the cash they have on him, he would likely fill the role you had in mind.

But to the original question, I'm wondering if Rex might go to the 46 Nickel considering who we've been bringing in and keeping. Maybe a 5-2 that practically becomes a 4-2-5 when you yank Lawson away from Run support.

Hughes-Kyle-NT/Dareus-(3-4 DE)/Dareus

Brown-Brown

Gilmore-AW-Blanton-Graham-Darby

Maybe sonme thing like that.

I think there are some decent NT run options spread across the rounds that be effective. Whitner is probably out of the price range and Blanton is most likely that guy

I think there are some decent NT run options spread across the rounds that be effective. Whitner is probably out of the price range and Blanton is most likely that guy

They could also wind up drafting one of the LB/S hybrid guys such as Lee or Cravens.

They could also wind up drafting one of the LB/S hybrid guys such as Lee or Cravens.

if cravens is there in the 4th im all over him. I've seen him fall in some mocks. The 3rd might be too high for him.

the nts I've seen are quick enough for Ryan's 2gap not position. I fear they'll be too slow.

I think Blanton might be the box safety. What I've heard on him is that he can lay the lumber but isn't much help in coverage. With the cash they have on him, he would likely fill the role you had in mind.

But to the original question, I'm wondering if Rex might go to the 46 Nickel considering who we've been bringing in and keeping. Maybe a 5-2 that practically becomes a 4-2-5 when you yank Lawson away from Run support.

Hughes-Kyle-NT/Dareus-(3-4 DE)/Dareus

Brown-Brown

Gilmore-AW-Blanton-Graham-Darby

Maybe sonme thing like that.

if I had to start the 11 best guys I run a 3-4. We have to remember Lawson did his best behind Mario who didn't let the run break containment so Lawson just had the run. There are a fewdeDe's who fit that bill. The kid out of Baylor for example. But I don't know if we can afford him in on evert play. Lawson cannot be left by himself on the outside edge left to fend for himself. That's why he struggled with Schwartz.

if cravens is there in the 4th im all over him. I've seen him fall in some mocks. The 3rd might be too high for him.

the nts I've seen are quick enough for Ryan's 2gap not position. I fear they'll be too slow.

Hmm. i thought you meant space eater fat kid who can hold a ctr and g from moving the line.