LB Bruce Carter Visting Bills; Signing with the NYJ

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Experienced ILB with some size? Yes, I'd take him as a worst-case scenario starter.

Definitely over a guy like Tarpley who was forced into action at least season's end.

Me too.

i remember thinking this guy was going to be lights-out coming into the league...

@ChrisTrapasso

Carter is plus athlete, has played all 3 LBs spots & had really nice start to his career in DAL, but he's been a disappointment last 2 years

I would love this pick up.. Has had a few average years but when he was at Dallas he seemed to thrive and an ILB in the 3-4. He would get an immediate chance to get some playing time, also if we draft a LB early he would be some great depth Rex has been b****ing about lately. Hope we sign him.

I would love this pick up.. Has had a few average years but when he was at Dallas he seemed to thrive and an ILB in the 3-4. He would get an immediate chance to get some playing time, also if we draft a LB early he would be some great depth Rex has been b****ing about lately. Hope we sign him.

Hey man. I just wanted to take a minute to welcome you to TSW and say how much I enjoy your contributions to the board. :thumbsup:

Also, he was cut by Tampa, so no effect on compensatory picks :)

This signing works for me. The front 7 depth is an issue regardless of the draft. Adding vets like Carter and/or Biermann raises the floor in a worst case scenario.

:lol:

I used those exact words

I'll also note: he was a poor fit as a 4-3 Will in Tampa--he's better suited to play the Will in a 3-4, a role in which he was very productive in 2014, posting 48 solo tackles, 8 PBUs, and 5 INTs in 13 games (8 starts).

That's what I heard as well. Get 'er done, Doug!

I'll also note: he was a poor fit as a 4-3 Will in Tampa--he's better suited to play the Will in a 3-4, a role in which he was very productive in 2014, posting 48 solo tackles, 8 PBUs, and 5 INTs in 13 games (8 starts).

Sounds like a Manny Lawson story?

Sounds like a Manny Lawson story?

Similar, but a bit different in that Lawson is a longer/leaner athlete and plays more of a Sam role--a bit more suited to rushing the passer. Carter is shorter, stouter, and lacks the length to be a pure pass rusher, but is a solid blitzer.

Both can mirror backs, and turn and run with TEs, so they definitely have that in common.