LAMP 15k posts: Also, new job in Buffalo! - coming back

BuffaloBill

Congrats on the new gig BB, I am looking myself, Wife agreed that we did 34 years in NYC/Long Island, I should be able to explore something closer to my roots. Haven't found anything appealing yet.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As you might imagine the wife will have significant say. Probably the burbs but we really have not looked other than superficially online. Hard to say until we get there and look at real choices. The crime situation in the city is concerning as is resale because of schools. We don't have kids but you do want to buy a house where there is appeal to others.

Then why are you buying in WNY?

I keeed I keeed! :devil:

I'm sorry, were you saying something? I can't hear you from my lofty posting perch.

How's the view from down there?

Several bathrooms would be wise too.

A large backyard for tenting and tailgating to get us all ready to tailgate at Hammers.

CONGRATULATIONS and EXCELLENT news!

Happy for you both!

Thanks CGF looking forward to seeing everyone at Hammers

Then why are you buying in WNY?

I keeed I keeed! :devil:

Actually was looking in SF and thought I had a good situation. Recruiter was all hugs and kisses ... Want to get you out here... Blah ...blah then the thing went stone cold. Just got a brief email basically telling me to F-off. Maybe they figured out that I have this loose association with you.

Real estate out there was simply insane...

Actually was looking in SF and thought I had a good situation. Recruiter was all hugs and kisses ... Want to get you out here... Blah ...blah then the thing went stone cold. Just got a brief email basically telling me to F-off. Maybe they figured out that I have this loose association with you.

Real estate out there was simply insane...

Well they did call me and ask me about you............... 0:)

And you're being too kind saying RE is insane out here. You could ways live in a wooden box in some dude's million dollar 800 sq ft loft.

Congrats that seems like good news. Maybe I missed it but has anyone else in your family ever lived here? What type of area are you looking for, let us know and we will get you up to speed.

My immediate family has left but still have cousins and a few aunts and uncles scattered around. Hard to say where we end up until we look for a bit.

My immediate family has left but still have cousins and a few aunts and uncles scattered around. Hard to say where we end up until we look for a bit.

Is your wife from buffalo or did you meet her elsewhere?

Lol I'm sure the area has changed a lot in the time you've been gone.

Good news is compared to some of the places you've lived traffic here is still very light compared to major cities. I live in Hamburg and commute across the city to Tonawanda and (unless there is heavy snow) typically takes about 25 minutes each way during morning and afternoon rush hour. So find an area you want to live and you feel at home and go for it.

PS- I'm loyal to the southtowns.

Someone actually likes the South Side ? For us West Enders, that would be a shocker to hear :lol:

BTW, dont think you can hide from me...at the very least your new company is thinking new ATS, and our first meeting will be the Friday before the opener in your office in Buffalo....someone got to pay for that flight!

Would you seriously want to drive from the "West End" to Richmond Airport 5 days a week? There are NO direct routes. And no, I don't consider I-64 across Richmond direct. I live on the S side of the James River, and it's 12 miles each way with zero traffic.

Would you seriously want to drive from the "West End" to Richmond Airport 5 days a week? There are NO direct routes. And no, I don't consider I-64 across Richmond direct. I live on the S side of the James River, and it's 12 miles each way with zero traffic.

That really doesn't sound so bad? How long of a drive is it

Connecticut is a tough place for tough people.

Yeah NG it's almost unbelievable to think that moving back to NYS is not daunting from a tax perspective. Most people here in Fairfield county want out.

Welcome home, Bill.

Thx

Lighten Up Francis...was only joking! :nana:

But does show us West Enders have lots more fun!

Is your wife from buffalo or did you meet her elsewhere?

This is a very logical question. My wife is from Chicago but has lived all over including Europe. I'd consider moving back to WNY but it would require her death or divorce.

Oh and BTW divorce is not an option. :devil:

Welcome home, Bill.

Is his last name Bailey? :huh:

I'd consider moving back to WNY but it would require her death or divorce.

Oh and BTW divorce is not an option. :devil:

:huh:

Ok, so there is the one option left, so now you just need a reasonable explanation for the accident