Your prediction - will RGIII make a comeback in Cleveland?

Will RGIII mak a comeback?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Is his career going to get back on track?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Losing 2 key OL men will make life dangerous for the next Brown's QB. If they draft Wentz , better not play him till that OL is fixed. I don't think RG3 has a chance to survive there.

It is a very tough situation for him to go into. If he remains mobile and quick he might help the situation.

I voted yes because I think that he is at rock bottom. I do not know if he will ever return to the level that he played at his rookie year but would not be shocked if he got to that "Alex Smith level." I could see something like 3,000 yards 24 TDs and 12 INTs with another 5 scores on the ground.

No. He doesn't know what he is looking at. He consistently makes the wrong read. Once the league had figured out the Baylor offense that Kyle Shanahan very skilfully ran in his rookie year and stopped him having those easy throws to his first read and he had to diagnose what he saw he collapsed mentally. Yes, the physical injuries hurt, but it is his total inability to read defenses that has killed his NFL career.

The light might suddenly go on of course.... but I am not banking on it.

He's damaged goods. Past performance predicts future performance. That is essential when evaluating talent in sales, and in my opinion in athletics. He was not good in Washington for a couple of years. He had one good year, and was hurt to slow him down enough that took away his best asset. I feel the same about Kaep. He was outright bad for the last couple of years and what demonstrates he learned how to read defenses and make quick decisions.

These two are not worth considering, and most of all RG3 and out, will get killed behind that offensive line in Cleveland. I'll also add Manziel. Leopards don't change their spots.

These are three guys who will never do anything special in the NFL. I would even bet all three are out of the league or back ups within two years. We are in much better conditions with TT. He may not work out, but he has so much more upside than the above three listed.

The roster being managed by a guy brought over form the Mets and a guy who was team counsel, a HC who turned down an opportunity with the Giants, owner who is a notoriously bad decision maker...and now RG#.

What could go wrong?

Jackson made Andy Dalton look good. RGIII has some talent. I really like the Alex Smith comparison. Still more likely than not he will fail, but I would not be surprised he does well with a coach that is willing to work with him. Chuckie's brother gave him a chance to start but built an offense for Cousins not RGIII.