(OT) It's Race Week in Daytona

Terry Tate

You have to go to the track. 

You have to go to the track with an open mind.

You have to go to the track with an open mind and someone who knows the sport.

If you do those things and you still don't enjoy you're day, then auto racing just isn't for you.

246505[/snapback]

what he said. i long ago got sick of sticking up for racing as a spectator sport. personally, i don't give a sh-- if you cal it a "sport," and i don't give a sh-- if you call the drivers "athletes." it's just a great loud colorful spectacle that i always enjoy. people who rail against it as a redneck sport or whatever, just cause me to shrug my shoulders.

and i'll tell you one aspect of the sport that is very underappreciated: it is not such an emotional kick in the balls if your favorite driver doesn't win(if you even have a favorite...other than boris, i don't.)...compare that to the bills losing- that can piss me off for 2 days, depending on who or how :doh: . with racing it is all about the spectacle.

I dont know why Gordon was complaining about Junior being too far back on the restart. Go whine to NASCAR,you big baby! I cannot stand that idiot. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

My brother is trying to get tickets for us for the July race in Daytona! I got vacation that week. That would be awesome! :D

I dont know why Gordon was complaining about Junior being too far back on the restart. Go whine to NASCAR,you big baby! I cannot stand that idiot. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

247440[/snapback]

I was wondering what's up with that myself. After that last restart, I'd want a lot of room in front of me so I have an escape route when everyone starts to accordian behind me.