Get off my lawn LOL

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-sec-texas-idUSKCN0X825E

The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission accused the company and former Chief Executive Officer William Mapp of selling private stock while misleading investors about the energy efficiency of its sole product, and accused Paxton of working to raise investor funds for the company without disclosing his commissions.

The SEC's civil case followed a related criminal case against Paxton for securities fraud. Last year, a Texas state grand jury indicted Paxton on two fraud charges related to stock sales and compensation from Servergy.

Paxton, a Tea Party Republican, is also facing charges he illegally acted as a securities agent for another firm run by a political ally. A spokesman for Paxton has said the case was politically motivated

22,739 people over 65 took basic firearm training courses from NRA-certified instructors in 2015, four times the number five years earlier.

Gun dealers around the country agreed that more seniors, worried about crime and terrorism, are showing up for lessons.

This was a story back in July 2015 also..........I'm not surprised it is back.

Granny's Got a Gun: More Seniors Now Purchasing Firearms

townhall.com/

It was in response to this:

New plan could limit gun ownership for senior citizens ...

President Barack Obama is pushing to keep some Social Security members from buying a gun if they can't manage their own affairs. For example, if they have someone else run their social security accounts because they cannot physically, or mentally, keep up with it themselves.

{snip}

But, a senior can already be denied a gun if they can't manage their own affairs due to "marked subnormal intelligence, or mental illness, incompetency, condition, or disease."

That restriction is already on the books, according to Federal Gun Regulations defining someone as mentally defective.

What's new here, is the Social Security Administration turning over information for background checks.

Edited by B-Man

The little kitty put it here because it is the only thread he hasn't tried to derail already.

And if I started a new thread you'd be crying I started a thread. You are so frustrated, lol, name calling, whining, moaning, just too funny.

So you just closed your eyes and stuck it anywhere? It's all making sense now.

More like flung it against the wall

But hey, if he wants to make this thread about guns. The "Get off my Lawn" scene from Gran Torino involved an M1 Garand.

And I do love me some M1 Garand

More like flung it against the wall

But hey, if he wants to make this thread about guns. The "Get off my Lawn" scene from Gran Torino involved an M1 Garand.

And I do love me some M1 Garand

Ah, the good ol' M1 *ping!*

You know, it took the Germans almost no time at all to learn that *ping* meant the firer was out of ammo. So when they heard it, it was a signal for every kraut to jump up and blast the ever-lovin' !@#$ out of the hapless GI.

Then it took almost no time at all for the Americans to learn that if you faked that *ping*, all the krauts jumped out from cover and became easy targets.

Good times...good times...