Rex Ryan: I won't be shocked if Ed Reed is HC in 5 years

Saxum

For me it was when he complained about getting "torched" by:

Eli Manning 20/32 for 212 (51 of which came after a missed tackle for a loss)

Blake Bortles 13/29 for 182 (84 of which came on the final drive)

Sam Bradford 23/32 for 247 (53 of which came on a blown play by our safeties (shocking, I know))

Alex Smith 19/30 for 255

I was going to post the same thing. The defense actually performed great for a number of those games and kept us in them. They kept us in against Manning, they saved us in the Titans game, they kept us in the game against the Jaguars, and the Eagles game was rather close too.

Not as good as 2014 but they weren't remotely bad outside of a few games.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills hired a personality, coaching alone wasn't the reason for the hire.

Otherwise he wouldn't be HC of the team. The guy gets way too much media attention

For a career sub .500 coach.

would you prefer a 8-8 Marrone or an 8-8 Rex.

Neither of them have showed us the baby.

does it really matter how they handle the press?

I'd like to believe it doesn't. Which is why I don't get my panties in a bunch when Rex blows hot air into the mic (like he's doing with this Ed Reed quote).

But their head space was so completely out of whack heading into week two last year, that I don't know what to believe.

I suppose that's partly Rex's fault for not knowing his players couldn't handle the hype.

**BUT TO ME it's far more disappointing that the players couldn't handle the hype.

These threads are going to make for some fun reading sometime in November/December if (when?) the Bills are playing top-10 defense and in the thick of the playoff race.

Wait....

So you are planning to relinquish your crown as the person who posted the most laughably bad takes? :lol:

eeeeeeee-ball......eeeeeeee-ball......eeeeeeee-ball

So is your gameplan to hide on the fringe this year to avoid a repeat? :lol:

I'd like to believe it doesn't. Which is why I don't get my panties in a bunch when Rex blows hot air into the mic (like he's doing with this Ed Reed quote).

But their head space was so completely out of whack heading into week two last year, that I don't know what to believe.

I suppose that's partly Rex's fault for not knowing his players couldn't handle the hype.

**BUT TO ME it's far more disappointing that the players couldn't handle the hype.

This was a seriously important factor. Game two was an emotional blowout. For the players, Coaches and of course Fans.

Took about 12 games to recover from the trauma

edit Most Fans have yet to

Edited by 3rdand12

I'll grant you the 9-7 was fake so staying put record wise when the offense was clearly far superior is a good sign to you?

some people don't care about the results as long as they are entertained. I'm not, but clearly others are.

some people don't care about the results as long as they are entertained. I'm not, but clearly others are.

I'm confident that the Pegulas and Whaley care more about the results than the entertainment value.

Edited by JohnC

This thread is a good (and entertaining) reminder (to me) to not post in football discussions. You fuggin guys are some pretty damn good debaters.

So, how about that Ed Reed guy? I think he will be a good coach.

Off to the Heavy Metal thread! Good night all!

GO BILLS!

Edited by SAMMY HANDWICH

This thread is a good (and entertaining) reminder (to me) to not post in football discussions. You fuggin guys are some pretty damn good debaters.

So, how about that Ed Reed guy? I think he will be a good coach.

It's because there certain culprits who will at every opportunity turn a thread into an anti-Rex or anti-Whaley discussion to further their crusade usually with zero credible evidence to substantiate any claim.

Oh well.

150513112735-12-amtrak-pa-0513-exlarge-1

Meanwhile back on subject, I think Reed has a chance to be a very good coach at the NFL level given his cerebral understanding of the game, an ability to communicate well, along with instant credibility as one of the greats of the game.

For myself you need to backup guarantees, and for Rex's empty Promises it doesn't play well now.

he gets another year at least. I would have preferred another choice. pegula may have got some

Bad advice.And most likely it didn't come from D. Whaley. A new owner who probably was a bit overwhelmed

At the whole process. Starting with the Maroon buyout.

Wouldn't it be great is the team could go 14-2 with __________ _______________ as HC!!

It's because there certain culprits who will at every opportunity turn a thread into an anti-Rex or anti-Whaley discussion to further their crusade usually with zero credible evidence to substantiate any claim.

Oh well.

150513112735-12-amtrak-pa-0513-exlarge-1

Meanwhile back on subject, I think Reed has a chance to be a very good coach at the NFL level given his cerebral understanding of the game, an ability to communicate well, along with instant credibility as one of the greats of the game.

I think you are being unfair because you like Rex. I could say that certain posters will take any negativity about Rex and claim some sort of crusade as if it was the USSR and someone said something bad about Stalin. Give me a break. Personally, I like Rex a lot and wish for him to do well and stay here forever. I just don't think his professional accomplishments indicate that this will happen. Your demand for "credible evidence" never seems to allow for crappy records and statistical turnarounds in the wrong direction into evidence.

I like Whaley and think he has done very well for the Bills. I know others disagree with that assessment.

As for Reed it will be interesting to see if he is a good coach that can help the Bills. Some of the super smart players turn out to be great coaches and others have a hard time relating/communicating. Conversely being a great player is not a prerequisite. A good example of this to me is the Maddux brothers in baseball. One of them was a pitcher of historical greatness and the other was ok at best, but who has had a better coaching career so far? My gut tells me Reed will do well. We'll see.

Not that I don't think Ed Reed can be a HC in 5 years. But, if Rex talks enough fantasies, future tellings, promises and crap he has to be right sooner or later. The real amazing promise he could make is that he would never make empty promises again, that would be the amazing one for him to keep!

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=John-Harbaugh-shares-a-story-about-Ed-Reed-and-how-to-love-your-players

"Ed is a great player and a great guy, loved football, but he was up and down," Harbaugh said. "He would tell you to this day, when the hood was up and the face was covered up, that was an Ed you werent going to talk to that day. Other times, hed come in, smile, and hed be your guy. We had a lot of clashes early on, because Ed didnt like the way we were doing things, didnt see it. There were times we didnt talk to each other for weeks".

This was the quote I mentioned early in the thread when expressing wonder if he could connect with 90 guys plus staff plus front office plus fans day in and day out or if he's better coaching a small position group.

Wait....

So you are planning to relinquish your crown as the person who posted the most laughably bad takes? :lol:

eeeeeeee-ball......eeeeeeee-ball......eeeeeeee-ball

So is your gameplan to hide on the fringe this year to avoid a repeat? :lol:

Not hiding, and I'll stand behind my optimistic "takes" -- I really don't think I've ever posted something absolutely ridiculous, I simply look for the positive in something that is supposed to be entertaining and fun. If you and others prefer to ridicule that perspective, so be it.

They might need to rush opposing quarterbacks to achieve this goal, wouldn't you say?

When you say rush do you mean try to tackle him before he throws the ball? Why worry about that when we have Marcel downfield like a blanket all over Antonio Brown?