Confirmed: DE Kroy Biermann Visiting Bills

When at his peak the guy was versatile. In a Rex Ryan possibly overthinking packages kind of way the Falcons even lined him up at safety sometimes back in his prime.

I didn't see much of the Falcons last year so I can't comment on what's left of his wheels but 26 year old biermann would've been a guy Rex would've loved I imagine.

I didn't see them either. Just trying to figure out who this guy is. There's not much out there on him.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know one of the big problems this team actually has is lack fo depth.

For the right price....keep in mind this keeps players off the field that have NO business playing

Yep.

I watch a good bit of Falcons games, Biermann is a great pickup as a rotational guy being asked to play 12-17 snaps.

He is also the type of guy who I think would be 100% a Rex guy.

Yep.

I watch a good bit of Falcons games, Biermann is a great pickup as a rotational guy being asked to play 12-17 snaps.

Thank you for this, and I agree with John, picking up depth helps us keep the guys we have currently as backups off the field so I'm all for it

Yep.

If he can run, much like Lawson hes a good glue guy for a multiple look defense. Not a star at any quality but diverse set of pretty good skill sets. Seems like the hardworker that will do anything asked (hell some here may remember that back in 09 I think he filled in for Atlantas kicker against us)

Just a matter of what the legs have left.

If he can run, much like Lawson hes a good glue guy for a multiple look defense. Not a star at any quality but diverse set of pretty good skill sets. Seems like the hardworker that will do anything asked (hell some here may remember that back in 09 I think he filled in for Atlantas kicker against us)

Just a matter of what the legs have left.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8154a37b/Falcons-DE-Biermann-kicks-off

He kicked it to the 3 yard line when place kicker was hurt and Jackson returned it to the 24 yard line.

On December 27, 2009, Biermann stepped in as the team's placekicker after an injury to kicker Matt Bryant during a game against the Buffalo Bills. Biermann, who had not kicked since high school, had kickoffs of 67, 58 and 54 yard
This is a DECEMBER away game folks in the Ralph, a stadium with irregular winds.
Edited by Koolaid

Oh gosh the guy sucks, at best he would provide some depth that would be a minor upgrade over IK who was an absolute zero. Both of them are as stiff as my grandmother, let's not start paying attention to useless high school talents.

The roster is full of athletes I pay no mind to the .05 percent chance that Beerboy would have to kickoff for us. Think of a stiffer Chris Kelsey and that is what we would be getting at this point in his career.

Oh gosh the guy sucks, at best he would provide some depth that would be a minor upgrade over IK who was an absolute zero. Both of them are as stiff as my grandmother, let's not start paying attention to useless high school talents.

The roster is full of athletes I pay no mind to the .05 percent chance that Beerboy would have to kickoff for us. Think of a stiffer Chris Kelsey and that is what we would be getting at this point in his career.

Yes because all players brought in must be all pro players that will work for us for peanuts

Or some guys might just be rotational guys who are willing to do what they are effin told on this team at modest salaries

Yes because all players brought in must be all pro players that will work for us for peanuts

Or some guys might just be rotational guys who are willing to do what they are effin told on this team at modest salaries

and allow the starters to rest so a guy like Hughes isn't playing 95 percent of snaps and can have a better chance of staying healthy and being fresh when really we need him.

This is who is available at this price point. The guy knows what he's doing as a vet and can step in to help out. He isn't being signed to be a starting edge rusher. Don't know why people bash depth signings. There is a reason they are available and cheap. They may also be able to help as backups if good system fits. If nothing else to keep starters fresh.

Edited by YoloinOhio

This guy is terrible. No thanks. We can get someone better in the late rounds of the draft

that late round pick can compete for a roster spot with Biermann in TC and the better player will be the one to make the roster. They would be signing him to a roster of 90, not to the final 53. A late FA pickup like this is guaranteed nothing but a chance to compete for a spot on the team.

The issue with a rookie (especially a late round pick) is that you don't know what you're going to get once they are in the NFL. You can only project what they will do; how they will translate. And you won't begin to know until sometime in August. With a vet like this, you pretty much know exactly what you are getting, good and bad, strengths and weaknesses, and can plan for exactly how he would be used starting now.

Edited by YoloinOhio

This guy is terrible. No thanks. We can get someone better in the late rounds of the draft

Like an IK Enemkpali? There's a reason these guys last to the end of the draft. We already have a bunch of those guys on the roster. But they haven't proved it on the NFL field. If beer man can provide 10-15 quality snaps/game he's already an upgrade over IK.

that late round pick can compete for a roster spot with Biermann in TC and the better player will be the one to make the roster. They would be signing him to a roster of 90, not to the final 53. A late FA pickup like this is guaranteed nothing but a chance to compete for a spot on the team.

The issue with a rookie (especially a late round pick) is that you don't know what you're going to get once they are in the NFL. You can only project what they will do; how they will translate. And you won't begin to know until sometime in August. With a vet like this, you pretty much know exactly what you are getting, good and bad, strengths and weaknesses, and can plan for exactly how he would be used starting now.

Exactly, Yolo. It's best to go into a draft with as few glaring needs as possible. Biermann isn't going to the Pro Bowl, but he can be useful to an NFL team.