North Carolina GOP Block Gay Anti-Discrimintion Law

At least one woman was grateful for the security guard’s actions. Shopper Deana Chisholm told WJLA: “If you was born a man go to the men’s bathroom. You got a penis go to the men’s bathroom. If you are born a woman go to the woman’s bathroom.

Are we to assume this guy wasn't in drag or obviously trying to appear female? Was he just walking into a women's bathroom dressed like a regular dude? This lady quoted has it right, and it's pathetic that the security guard got arrested.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So it's safe to save every bathroom is now a free for all, we should take down the men and woman's signs to avoid confusion. We should also get rid of any law that pertain to pissing in public, if we are sharing restrooms let's share everything.

Edited by Commonsense

The local news is covering a lot of churchs now speaking out against HB2. saying it divides families, homes, congregations, etc. nbc is the biggest pusher of this locally on the news.

fox, abc, and cbs are covering both sides and support rallies.

Who Are the Real Deniers of Science?
By Jonah Goldberg
FTA:
No one is saying that you can’t have science in your corner, or that lawmakers shouldn’t look to science when making policy. (Legislation that rejects the existence of gravity makes for very silly laws indeed.) But the real intent behind so many claims to “settled science” is to avoid having to make your case. It’s an undemocratic technique for delegitimizing opposing views and saying “shut up” to dissenters.
For example, even if the existence of global warming is “settled,” the policies for how to best respond to it are not. But in the political debates about climate change, activists say that their climatological claims are irrefutable and so are their preferred remedies.
If climate change is the threat they claim, I’d rather spend billions on geoengineering to fix it than trillions on impoverishing economic policies that at best slightly delay it. It doesn’t matter; I’m the Luddite buffoon for thinking ethanol subsidies and windmills are boondoggles.

Even more outrageous: If you dispute, say, the necessity of spending billions on windmills or on killing the coal industry, you are not merely wrong on climate change, you are “anti-science.”

Intellectually, this is a monument of asininity so wide and tall, even the mind’s eye cannot glimpse its horizon or peak.
For starters, why are liberalism’s pet issues the lodestars of what constitutes scientific fact? Medical science informs us fetuses are human beings. The liberal response? “Who cares?” Genetically modified foods are safe, sayeth the scientists. “Shut up,” reply the liberal activists. IQ is partly heritable, the neuroscientists tell us. “Shut up, bigot,” the liberals shriek.

Which brings me to the raging hysteria over the plight of transgendered people who need to use the bathroom.
The New York Times recently reported about A. J. Jackson’s travails in a Vermont high school. “There were practical issues,” Anemona Hartocollis writes. “When he had his period, he wondered if he should revert to the girls’ bathroom, because there was no place to throw away his used tampons.”
Now, one can have sympathy for the transgendered – I certainly do – while simultaneously holding to the scientific fact that boys do not menstruate. This is a fact far more settled than the very best climate science. Perhaps it’s rude to say so, but facts do not cease to be facts simply because they offend.

In New York City, Mayor Bill de Blasio is pushing to fine businesses that do not address customers by their “preferred name, pronoun and title (e.g., Ms./Mrs.) regardless of the individual’s sex assigned at birth, anatomy, gender, medical history, appearance, or the sex indicated on the individual’s identification.” The NYC Commission on Human Rights can penalize offenders up to $250,000.

Many liberals believe that “denying” climate science should be a criminal offense while also believing that denying biological science is a moral obligation.
In the law, truth is a defense against the charge of slander, but for liberals, inconvenient truth is no defense against the charge of bigotry.

This is what its about,

not the GOP, not where you pee, not North Carolina's (supposed) backwardness (my favorite excuse)

On HB2, our Attorney General seems more interested in making the law than enforcing it

By Jazz Shaw

Was there some change in the definition of the role of the Department of Justice which I missed recently? The last time I checked, that agency was part of the executive branch and was entirely separate from the nation’s legislative activities except in terms of enforcement. If that’s still the case, somebody might want to mention it to our Attorney General at the next staff meeting. She showed up in North Carolina this week, ostensibly for the purpose of checking in on police protocols (perfectly reasonable) but decided to wax poetic on the state’s lawmakers. (Fox 8)

U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch was in Fayetteville Tuesday to discuss community policing, but, during a media press conference, she also reiterated her opposition to House Bill Two.

“North Carolina decided to pass a law that sanctioned discrimination,” she said.

While some say that the federal government’s involvement in HB2 is an overreach, Lynch said she felt it was the U.S. Department of Justice’s duty to step in.

There’s something quite inappropriate going on here and it’s not the first time this problem has cropped up. The various states pass laws all of the time. On rare occasions they will run afoul of federal law in a supremacy dispute or overstep the boundaries of the constitution. When that happens, challenges are filed and the matter is decided in the judicial branch. Even when it comes to federal law, bills are passed by Congress and the only person in the executive branch who has anything to say about it is the President who either signs or vetoes them.

Loretta Lynch is the nation’s top cop. She’s supposed to be in charge of enforcing the laws and that, in theory, applies to laws that she may not personally agree with. (Her boss, President Obama, falls victim to the same shortcoming at times, particularly when it comes to immigration law, but he’s at least tangentially involved in the process.) The Attorney General has nothing to say about the quality or merits of the laws which are on the books. As long as they remain the law of the land she is tasked with ensuring they are upheld. Period. Full stop.

But she didn’t stop there. When the question arose, she decided to jump into yet another area of government overreach.

When asked when or if the federal government might consider cutting any federal funding to North Carolina, Lynch said as the lawsuit progresses, the DOJ will consider all options..

The DOJ will “consider all options” in terms of state funding?

Since when does the Department of Justice have anything whatsoever to do with the allocation of public funds to the states?

The police around the nation are supposed to lend an ear to the Attorney General in terms of law enforcement issues. It’s completely inappropriate for her to be poisoning the well with these types of biased dog whistles. Methinks it’s time for the House majority to call some more hearings and have a chat with Ms. Lynch over her proper role in the federal government.

lynch.jpg

Also:

Eleven states sue Obama Administration over trans bathroom/locker room mandate

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/zoe-lofgren-transphobia_us_5746eee4e4b0dacf7ad403eb?section=politics

perfect example of the liberal agenda. silence all critics, give them no room to reply. talk over them. don't let them be heard. when they are heard - call them ignorant, a bigot, or other names.

Heriot argued that trans people shouldn’t be accepted as the gender they identify with, saying, “If I believe that I am a Russian princess, that doesn’t make me a Russian princess, even if my friends and acquaintances are willing to indulge my fantasy.”

Lofgren was not having it.

“I’ve got to say, I found this rather offensive, and it says to me that the witness really doesn’t know anything and probably has never met a transgender child who is going through, in almost every case, a very difficult experience finding themselves,” Lofgren said.

maya-dillard-smith.jpg?resize=110%2C85 ACLU leader quits after daughters encounter men in the women’s restroom

Maya Dillard Smith, interim director of the Georgia chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union, has resigned over the ACLU’s position on who can use which public restrooms. The resignation occurred after her two daughters were traumatized by encountering men in the women’s restroom. Dillard Smith explained:

I have shared my personal experience of having taken my elementary school age daughters into a women’s restroom when shortly after three transgender young adults, over six feet [tall] with deep voices, entered. My children were visibly frightened, concerned about their safety and left asking lots of questions for which I, like many parents, was ill-prepared to answer.

Dillard Smith complained that the ACLU has become “a special interest organization that promotes not all, but certain progressive rights” and that the “hierarchy of rights” the ACLU chooses to defend or ignore is “based on who is funding the organization’s lobbying activities.” Further expressing her disillusionment, Dillard Smith stated:

I understood it to be the ACLU’s goal to delicately balance competing rights to ensure that any infringements are narrowly tailored, that they do not create a hierarchy of rights, and that we are mindful of unintended consequences. I believe there are solutions that can provide accommodations for transgender people and balance the need to ensure women and girls are safe from those who might have malicious intent.

Unfortunately, as she has learned, Dillard Smith’s view of the ACLU bears little relation to reality. The ACLU’s goal — like that of the LGBT movement — is to shove a radical agenda down the throats of the American people, not to balance rights and find reasonable accommodations.

A transgender activist — a biological male who goes by the name Cheryl Courtney-Evans — responded to Dillard Smith’s resignation by calling her “lazy,” “ill-educated,” and a “b–ch” who needs to sit down and “STFU.” No one who has seen LGBT activists in action will be surprised by this charming response.

Actually, Dillard Smith is well educated. She earned a degree in economics from Berkeley and a master’s degree at Harvard.

She’s also a liberal Democrat. And until she resigned, she was one of the youngest ACLU directors in the nation and one of only three African-Americans employed by the ACLU in that role.

These days, one hears intelligent people assert that the “culture war” is over. It isn’t, and won’t be soon, because the left will keep looking for new cultural battlegrounds. Today, public restrooms; tomorrow, the world.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2016/06/aclu-leader-quits-after-daughters-encounter-men-in-the-womens-restroom.php

is this still a thing? it's forgotten here. why? because we support house bill 2, en masse.

of course birdbrain and gatortard will object, but they raysis and ignorant.

NC Attorney General Roy Cooper Reverses Stance, Will Defend State Against Department of (social) Justice

For anyone who has been following the ongoing battle between the state of North Carolina and the Obama administration’s Department of (social) Justice over transgender bathroom access, you know the conflict has collided with the state’s gubernatorial race.

Governor Pat McCrory, a Republican, signed House Bill 2 into law in late March. The bill stopped an ordinance voted in by a liberal Charlotte city council, that would have made all city bathrooms gender neutral. This would include bathrooms and locker rooms at city schools.

With HB2 law, bathrooms are kept separated by the sex an individual was born to, and what was listed on their birth certificate. Private businesses are free to set whatever bathroom policies they wanted, however.

Common sense.

Attorney General for North Carolina, Roy Cooper, the Democrat opponent of McCrory in this race for the top seat in Raleigh, publicly sided with liberal groups and Obama’s cadre of social justice warriors, refusing to defend the state against a lawsuit brought by the DOJ in May.

An interesting side note: At the time the conflict began, Cooper held a lead over McCrory in the polls by several points. The latest Civitas Institute poll, however, shows McCrory’s handling of the economy and his firm stance on the HB2 issue has powered him up to a 7-point lead, heading into the month of June.

Maybe AG Cooper had an epiphany. Maybe he just changed his mind. Then again, and most likely, maybe his misread of what North Carolina’s citizens value caused his poll numbers to drop and he’s trying to regain lost ground.

Whatever the case, Cooper has reversed course and now is prepared to do his job and defend the state of North Carolina, rather than play lackey to outside special interests.

more at the link: http://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2016/06/02/nc-attorney-general-roy-cooper-reverses-stance-will-defend-state-department-social-justice/

With HB2 law, bathrooms are kept separated by the sex an individual was born to, and what was listed on their birth certificate.

No, no, no! Just the birth certificate. Which you can have changed to reflect your chosen gender.

People aren't even having the correct !@#$ing argument. :wallbash:

It's a nice dress, though...

Really???

TIL that Tom has bad taste in clothes.

So anything else my tax dollars have to go for? WTF is going on here!?!?

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016/06/09/judge-transgender-california-inmates-must-get-female-oriented-items/

Really???

TIL that Tom has bad taste in clothes.

So anything else my tax dollars have to go for? WTF is going on here!?!?

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016/06/09/judge-transgender-california-inmates-must-get-female-oriented-items/

Shouldn't they be putting those transgender "women" in the women's prison? Or shouldn't they at least have a choice? What if they are uncomfortable in a men's prison since they think they are a woman?

I was followed into the restroom by a dude in a dress.

I'm not quite sure if it would have been weirder if he had gone into the women's bathroom instead of the men's.

It doesn't really matter which one they use; it will still draw unwanted attention.

It isn't about just peeing next to someone. It is allowing it to be a free for all that anyone can do at a whim and not be removed that causes privacy concerns. That and where to draw the line at locker rooms and other more personal areas.

I was followed into the restroom by a dude in a dress.

I'm not quite sure if it would have been weirder if he had gone into the women's bathroom instead of the men's.

It doesn't really matter which one they use; it will still draw unwanted attention.

the mentally ill attention whores love attention.

its going to get worse. i couldn't imagine walking in to a mens bathroom and seeing a woman. i'd start making fun of her until she cried. and if i saw a man go in to a womans room, i'd do the same thing... but worse.

the mentally ill attention whores love attention.

its going to get worse. i couldn't imagine walking in to a mens bathroom and seeing a woman. i'd start making fun of her until she cried. and if i saw a man go in to a womans room, i'd do the same thing... but worse.

I was on vacation overseas and resisted the urge to take a picture. I had gotten into the habit of photographing weird things I never see at home.

Imagine how many felons would rather go to the women's prison...

Does a transgender have to sign up for the draft?

Does it mean that I can lower my car insurance if I tell them I'm a woman now?

Absolutely. But when you tell your employer they'll automatically start paying you 78% of what you were making before you told them because, well... woman.

Absolutely. But when you tell your employer they'll automatically start paying you 78% of what you were making before you told them because, well... woman.

Considering that unmarried women without kids actually make more than men, I could be looking at a raise.

Edited by unbillievable