Jets Trying To Acquire Josh McCown?

H2o

If you ask me they are pretty similar, though I may dare to say that Fitz is a bit more athletic than McCown. Similar strengths and weaknesses.

Biggest difference is Fitz's familiarity with Gailey's system. McCown is not that much better than Fitz (if at all) to make up the experience gap.

He's overplaying his hand IMO. Jets just might decide to take a guy who'd be thrilled with the job at $4M instead of a guy who is insulted at $10M.

Totally. I heard he was asking for $14m per year. Crazy.

Edited by vincec

Has anyone else shown interest in Fitz? What overage does he have if other teams are not pursuing him?

Fitz has made a lot of money, he is set for life........Fitz other option is to retire....and the Jets know that. He doesn't want to work for chump change d(by QB standards)

sadly, no. I like him but trust Whaley's assessment that they'd like to upgrade the backup QB.

I was tongue in cheek of course.

Bet the Bills are more focused on a prospect to round out the QB room Yolo. Next season could be a whole different story though.

Were thinking mentoring or more a player who can step in and not lose a game ?

I was tongue in cheek of course.

Bet the Bills are more focused on a prospect to round out the QB room Yolo. Next season could be a whole different story though.

Were thinking mentoring or more a player who can step in and not lose a game ?

both of those things for the backup. I believe they will also want to draft a guy as a #3 QB (developmental). I think mccown deal is up after this season... Perhaps the rookie is then able to step up to the #2 spot.

McCown does have a decent sized salary though - if can't restructure it is probably a moot point.

Edited by YoloinOhio

both of those things for the backup. I believe they will also want to draft a guy as a #3 QB (developmental). I think mccown deal is up after this season... Perhaps the rookie is then able to step up to the #2 spot.

McCown does have a decent sized salary though - if can't restructure it is probably a moot point.

Financially, i would be surprised if Bills brought in a vet this year. I think they will just rely on EJ's knowledge of the system and pray TT does not get hurt. Like many fans are doing

:rolleyes:

Financially, i would be surprised if Bills brought in a vet this year. I think they will just rely on EJ's knowledge of the system and pray TT does not get hurt. Like many fans are doing

:rolleyes:

i don't think they wanted any part of the QB FA market (overpriced mediocrity) but giving up say one of our 6th rd picks for McCown and having some control over the salary/cap hit might be feasible - would have to see what he is still gtd.

i don't think they wanted any part of the QB FA market (overpriced mediocrity) but giving up say one of our 6th rd picks for McCown and having some control over the salary/cap hit might be feasible - would have to see what he is still gtd.

Fair point then !