Jets Trying To Acquire Josh McCown?

H2o

ESPN New York's Rich Cimini reports the Jets "have interest" in acquiring Josh McCown.

The Jets have been at a stalemate with free agent Ryan Fitzpatrick and have begun discussing other options. In Cleveland, McCown seems likely to be the odd man out with coach Hue Jackson wanting to go with a veteran -- likely Robert Griffin III -- and an early-round rookie. The Jets would prefer McCown be released rather than having to trade for him, but Cimini ranks McCown as the most likely quarterback to land with the Jets should they not re-sign Fitzpatrick

Has anyone else shown interest in Fitz? What overage does he have if other teams are not pursuing him?

He's overplaying his hand IMO. Jets just might decide to take a guy who'd be thrilled with the job at $4M instead of a guy who is insulted at $10M.

ESPN New York's Rich Cimini reports the Jets "have interest" in acquiring Josh McCown.

The Jets have been at a stalemate with free agent Ryan Fitzpatrick and have begun discussing other options. In Cleveland, McCown seems likely to be the odd man out with coach Hue Jackson wanting to go with a veteran -- likely Robert Griffin III -- and an early-round rookie. The Jets would prefer McCown be released rather than having to trade for him, but Cimini ranks McCown as the most likely quarterback to land with the Jets should they not re-sign Fitzpatrick

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/59226/examining-josh-mccown-and-the-jets-other-quarterback-options

I couldn't love this move more!!

I actually thought mccown was better than Fitz when healthy last year. Not a bad option for them at all.

Yeah, I had the same first thought. Better for us if Fitzy re-signs than if the Jets get McCown.

I actually thought mccown was better than Fitz when healthy last year. Not a bad option for them at all.

McCown and Hoyer are made of glass.

If they pinch a penny for one of those two they might as well figure on Geno starting 6-8 games.

I'd like that.