RIP Rob Ford

I forget the name of the book, but two or three years ago there was a good one about his family. Essentially the Kennedy's of Canadian politics. Father was a bootlegger, one of his siblings shot a guy, but the Canadian press is so hands off with their politicians that not a lot of it was public. I'll find the book when I get home so I can give it a better plug, but it was an interesting read.

He may be known for his personal life but the man was a good mayor.

He would give out his home number to citizens so they could let him know of any city issues that needed to be addressed

CBF

I could use that here in Oakland. That way I wouldn't have to email every !@#$ing cop in the city. :doh:

I didn't know he was ill. I don't know much about him other than the chicken wing pictures in the stands at a Bills game. And the drugs. It's cool to know that he was actually appreciated for his public service too. New respect. Rest in peace Mr. Ford.

I didn't know he was ill. I don't know much about him other than the chicken wing pictures in the stands at a Bills game. And the drugs. It's cool to know that he was actually appreciated for his public service too. New respect. Rest in peace Mr. Ford.

I always loved the fact that, when he was caught doing crack, he didn't take the Marion Barry "B word set me up" route.

Instead, he went with the "I did? Must've been drunk" defense. :lol: