No progress toward TT extension per Carucci; agent unhappy

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That agent doesn't care a whit about your favorite team.

He wants to get his client paid and is trying to create leverage.

Exactly. What does the agent care alot or cap situation. They wouldn't care if we cut sammy and hughes and whoever else that is money so that we sign tyrod. There is no loyalty or patience in that regard

Exactly. What does the agent care alot or cap situation. They wouldn't care if we cut sammy and hughes and whoever else that is money so that we sign tyrod. There is no loyalty or patience in that regard

Doesn't matter one bit.

All he's doing is creating the appearance that he doesn't understand the team's cap situation and making his client look selfish in the process.

Now add in the consideration that the team basically owns his rights for the next 3 seasons (via the tag) and he looks all the more foolish

So what if he's unhappy about his current deal at this time? If he doesn't improve, then he's not going to be in the long term plans. If he does improve, then he's either getting that big payday and long term deal or a franchise tag (which is a hefty, guaranteed one year contract) and then that big long term deal.. You'll be surprised to see how all of the bad feelings wash away once that first big signing bonus gets deposited.

One other thing that doesn't get brought up - TT is going to be under some very substantial pressure this season. By that I'm referring to pressure to perform because so much money is on the line for him. I like that. If he can rise to the occasion under this pressure, then I have no worries about playoff games or even the final two minutes of a Super Bowl. If he can't, well, it's best we find out now.

Exactly!

Doesn't matter one bit.

All he's doing is creating the appearance that he doesn't understand the team's cap situation and making his client look selfish in the process.

Now add in the consideration that the team basically owns his rights for the next 3 seasons (via the tag) and he looks all the more foolish

In my mind, the statements of agents don't reflect on their clients - unless they're paraphrasing or quoting their clients.

It's just business. If Bakari's statements create even one ounce of leverage for his client then they were worth saying. If not... well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

None of this has changed my perception of TT (or Bakari) one iota. It doesn't make me think TT is selfish or foolish. His agent is simply doing the job he's been paid to do.

I hope TT has an awesome season this year. And if he does, he'll get his big payday.

You keep saying I'm wrong but this stuff is happening just how I said it would months ago.

You nailed it!

"I just focus on the stuff I can control," Taylor told the Hampton Daily Press. "I'm not necessarily into the contract stuff. I let my agent handle that. I know I'm under contract for another year. Whether they choose to extend me or not, that's out of my reach right now. Like I said, I'm just focused on things I can control, and that's preparing like I've always prepared.

"I definitely think I showed what I can do, and I definitely think that I showed that I'm going to continue to get better. I improved each game. ... I would love to be the long-term answer but I understand the business side of it. If something happens (with the contract) this year, I'm happy for it, but if not, we'll wait it out and see what happens."

He's so mad.

Edited by FireChan

You nailed it!

"I just focus on the stuff I can control," Taylor told the Hampton Daily Press. "I'm not necessarily into the contract stuff. I let my agent handle that. I know I'm under contract for another year. Whether they choose to extend me or not, that's out of my reach right now. Like I said, I'm just focused on things I can control, and that's preparing like I've always prepared.

"I definitely think I showed what I can do, and I definitely think that I showed that I'm going to continue to get better. I improved each game. ... I would love to be the long-term answer but I understand the business side of it. If something happens (with the contract) this year, I'm happy for it, but if not, we'll wait it out and see what happens."

He's so mad.

I can because the quote is bolded. That makes it a fact. he is furious!

I am a bit confused on this arguement....what makes you think ptr would rather TT hold out?

My bottom line here is this....TT is not going to hold out. He knows the opportunitty this represents and he isnt going to screw it up by destroying player chemistry and a ding on his locker room leadership.

He will play....he will prove his worth....he will get paid.

I am a bit confused on this arguement....what makes you think ptr would rather TT hold out?

My bottom line here is this....TT is not going to hold out. He knows the opportunitty this represents and he isnt going to screw it up by destroying player chemistry and a ding on his locker room leadership.

He will play....he will prove his worth....he will get paid.

Both parties best interests demand TT has success.

Nothing wrong with that at all.

It really does seem this way.

No. All I'm doing is predicting how this relationship will decay. And it seems to be doing just that. Don't forget the Bills already had a player under contract who bellyached his way out of town.

No. All I'm doing is predicting how this relationship will decay. And it seems to be doing just that. Don't forget the Bills already had a player under contract who bellyached his way out of town.

After this year we tag him and sign him. I don't see anything decaying just an agent doing his job while Tyrod calmly prepares to play.

He just seems so eager to say I told you so over any slightly negative "development" in this one. I'm not sure what to clarify on that.