• Because it's boring
    • Because it's a form of Communist mind control
    • I don't need a freakin' reason
    • Because I'm afraid it will take over the NFL
    • Because I hate most everything
    • What's to like?
    • What's not to hate?
    • I only hate Men's soccer.
    • It's as close to being a male cheerleader as a guy can get.
    • I looove soccer. I love my man purse, too.

omg where do i start? ah forget it. i don't have time for this one. someone else mentioned the ridiculous theatrics and dives they subject everyone to. it's effing embarrassing that a grown man should fake agony by thrashing about like a wounded animal after being grazed by a slide tackle.

cliff notes version: any sport where the fans are the hardasses and the players are the sallies is just plain bass ackwards and wrong.

The Origins of American Football

The origins of football have been traced back to the game of rugby.  In 1823, a gamresembling what is today modern day football began at the famous Rugby boys’ school in England. American students in Princeton and Harvard Universities quickly adopted a form of football which they began to steadily play.  Many of the early football games were extremely violent and rough.

So are you saying we should eliminate our football? WTF is an American sport anyways? Lacrosse? Everything else comes from where you and myself come from ... foreign countries!

245488[/snapback]

Similarly Rugby was derived from Soccer. So ultimately without soccer - no NFL.

the guys who run soccer don't have the balls to stop the divers and cheats.

If they used video and serious fined and even penalitized the cheats then players would stop diving.

One thing soccer has the beats the NFL and other american sports, a nasty drug policy. Rio Ferdinard on Manchester United skipped his drug test and got suspended for 8 months. Imagine if he had failed it?

omg where do i start?  ah forget it.  i don't have time for this one.  someone else mentioned the ridiculous theatrics and dives they subject everyone to.  it's effing embarrassing that a grown man should fake agony by thrashing about like a wounded animal after being grazed by a slide tackle.

cliff notes version:  any sport where the fans are the hardasses and the players are the sallies is just plain bass ackwards and wrong.

245859[/snapback]

Are those theatrics the ones after a touchdown or now, after every tackle?

And that fake agony, it must be an reference to punters and place kickers.

And just where does the "Sally's" reference come from? A guy at work uses it but he doesn't know the source of it.

The real problem is that Americans don't understand soccer. In most places its a passion greater than religion. It's like a college campus atmosphere times 10. Every community has their own team and the majority of the locals desire success for their team. Add tons of alcohol (just like they do at NFL games) and that passion comes out.

I've been to World Cup games and to the NFL playoffs and the atmosphere for the World Cup was much more intense but that doesn't make it a better game. Both games are great just that they have different tastes and therefore different people enjoy them. Why can't we just leave it at that!