Liberal Protests

B-Man

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

How dare you people defend your home?

Defending private property ?

Taking over private and public property by force ?

I'm sure warrants will be issued for these folks and their weapons confiscated soon...

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Defending private property ?

Taking over private and public property by force ?

I'm sure warrants will be issued for these folks and their weapons confiscated soon...

The announced confiscation of the St. Louis guy's AR-15 is basically saying "White Lives Don't Matter".

• Like (+1) 2

Boycott of Goya 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/10/business/goya-foods-boycott-trump/index.html

New York (CNN Business)The hashtag #Goyaway was trending on social media Friday after Robert Unanue, CEO of Goya Foods, appeared in the White House Rose Garden Thursday afternoon and praised President Donald Trump. 

"We are all truly blessed ... to have a leader like President Trump who is a builder," Unanue said during the Rose Garden speech. "We have an incredible builder, and we pray. We pray for our leadership, our president."
The fact that Unanue would associate with Trump was sufficient to anger some of America's most prominent Hispanic leaders. Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez suggested in a tweet that she'd boycott Goya.

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Boycott of Goya 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/10/business/goya-foods-boycott-trump/index.html

New York (CNN Business)The hashtag #Goyaway was trending on social media Friday after Robert Unanue, CEO of Goya Foods, appeared in the White House Rose Garden Thursday afternoon and praised President Donald Trump. 

"We are all truly blessed ... to have a leader like President Trump who is a builder," Unanue said during the Rose Garden speech. "We have an incredible builder, and we pray. We pray for our leadership, our president."
The fact that Unanue would associate with Trump was sufficient to anger some of America's most prominent Hispanic leaders. Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez suggested in a tweet that she'd boycott Goya.

Serious question: Do you think people should have their businesses damaged simply for supporting or speaking positively about the president?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Serious question: Do you think people should have their businesses damaged simply for supporting or speaking positively about the president?

It’s a free country, so people are going to do what they are going to do. I don’t have a problem with this boycott. 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

It’s a free country, so people are going to do what they are going to do. I don’t have a problem with this boycott. 

Let me make it a little more personal: If you owned a business, would you have no problem with people boycotting you simply because of your support for Obama or Biden?

Let me make it a little more personal: If you owned a business, would you have no problem with people boycotting you simply because of your support for Obama or Biden?

So if I owned a business that catered to a wide swath of people, I'd keep my mouth shut about politics. But perhaps I ran a business that catered to say...gun owners, I'd probably pretend to be a Trump guy, business is business after all. Or maybe I ran coffee shop with a liberal bent, then I might be overtly liberal in decorating the place so it was obvious who I was catering to. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

So if I owned a business that catered to a wide swath of people, I'd keep my mouth shut about politics. But perhaps I ran a business that catered to say...gun owners, I'd probably pretend to be a Trump guy, business is business after all. Or maybe I ran coffee shop with a liberal bent, then I might be overtly liberal in decorating the place so it was obvious who I was catering to. 

That doesn't answer my question. Would you be ok with people trying to financially ruin you simply because you supported Obama or Biden?

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

The largest ‘business’ in the country already operates with this sort of tow the line bias.....you just know it as the Public Education system. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

That doesn't answer my question. Would you be ok with people trying to financially ruin you simply because you supported Obama or Biden?

I wouldn’t like it, but it’s a free country 

23 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

....shocking that the best you could come up with is plagiarizing Pelosi......seems to be a Dem disease....ask Whoa Joe......pathetic.....................

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I wouldn’t like it, but it’s a free country 

I agree, it is a free country, and I am not arguing in any way that people should be prohibited from exercising their rights.

I just find it difficult to understand how anyone could find any justification for trying to financially ruin someone simply for his/her political views.

I might passionately disagree with you about your political views; however, I cannot imaginge wanting to ruin your life, socially, financially, or in any other way, simply because of those views.

• Like (+1) 1

I agree, it is a free country, and I am not arguing in any way that people should be prohibited from exercising their rights.

I just find it difficult to understand how anyone could find any justification for trying to financially ruin someone simply for his/her political views.

I might passionately disagree with you about your political views; however, I cannot imaginge wanting to ruin your life, socially, financially, or in any other way, simply because of those views.

Consumers make decisions on what to buy based on many criteria, I just see what their CEO did was bad marketing. Colin Kapernick was blacklisted for taking a knee,  now was that wrong  or were teams making a financial decision that signing him would hurt their business? I dunno 

56 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Are you actually trying to use reason with Tibs? 

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Consumers make decisions on what to buy based on many criteria, I just see what their CEO did was bad marketing. Colin Kapernick was blacklisted for taking a knee,  now was that wrong  or were teams making a financial decision that signing him would hurt their business? I dunno 

Consumers making decisions on what to buy is an individual choice. Even if the consumer chooses not to not to purchase products from a company for that company's political or other views. That is not the the same as intentionally trying to ruin the company.

If Kaepernick was blacklisted simply for his political views, then that would be wrong. If any NFL tem chose not to employ him because of the negative impact on their team, then that is an entirely different scenario and the teams would be free to look after their own financial interests. It is the difference between firing you for your political beliefs and firing/not hiring you based on the damage your behavior would do to my company. 

The intent is what bothers me. If your intent is to ruin somebody's life simply because you disagree with their views, then I can find nothing decent in that.

• Like (+1) 2