Liberal Protests

B-Man

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's been this way for a while. My son is not long out of school (because he went f-o-r-e-v-e-r) and I remember him telling me during his first masters (did I mention he went to school f-o-r-e-v-e-r?) he was writing for a grade, not for what he really thought.  He ain't a liberal, so he knew he couldn't speak freely. That is sad, but by that point he was looking at school as a business transaction, not a learning experience.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Who is stifling speech on the right ?

Their example is Trump calling reporters "enemies of the people".....?

That is certainly not what is causing people to watch what they say in America.

• Like (+1) 2

i was always cautious about what to say in class, even in the mid 80s

who gave a ***** what was said in class, just sit through the boring lectures, read the required readings, write the exams and then move on to the real world of your professional career

oh yeah, those people won't have anything after graduating...

Canada shows all the political donations at municipal, provincial and federal level.  If it's on your tax return as a claim it goes to the internet.

on second thought, not FULLY sure all 3 apply the same... have used the info for campaign funds and expense audits at all three levels, a bit of a blur on nuance...

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

Canada shows all the political donations at municipal, provincial and federal level.  If it's on your tax return as a claim it goes to the internet.

on second thought, not FULLY sure all 3 apply the same... have used the info for campaign funds and expense audits at all three levels, a bit of a blur on nuance...

Is it then used by members of the New Democratic Party to intimidate and threaten Conservatives in to silence?

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Is it then used by members of the New Democratic Party to intimidate and threaten Conservatives in to silence?

nah, we aren't like that, we have a good social welfare safety net

we have a Federal election coming up, in October???, and i can barely get excited about it

couldn't pick out the Progressive Conservative (not sic) leader out of a lineup, will vote for him anyway, don't even know his name

https://www.news10.com/news/9-11-first-responders-memorial-defaced-in-geneva/?fbclid=IwAR2QD5NFm2_WP5-D7EoA46N_8PFJd3WqQbq7fsGM5EeVrZxbS46A4oTpoiY

9/

by: Kayla Green

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 / 11:07 AM EDT / Updated: Aug 29, 2019 / 11:07 AM EDT

GENEVA, N.Y. (WROC) — Police in Geneva say someone spray painted over a memorial for 9/11 first responders.

A 9/11 first responder, Andrew Stromfeld, who worked at ground zero said that it’s difficult to hear things like this.

“It brings it all back to us when more attention is played onto it by people doing damaging things, saying damaging things, it makes it a lot harder,” said Stromfeld.

The thing people can’t seem to wrap their heads around is why someone would want to vandalize a 9/11 memorial.

“Sometimes it might not be about their feelings but what they don’t take into consideration is what about the people that the monument means,” said Stromfeld.

22 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

“Sometimes it might not be about their feelings but what they don’t take into consideration is what about the people that the monument means,” said Stromfeld.

I think the left's response to this would be "Oh, get over yourself. The only thing that happened on 9/11 is 'some people did some things.' "

And any bets that Aziz also had an accent the barista was trying to decipher? And that lots of people can't pick up on accents easily? And that the percent of the U.S. population that has ever heard or seen the name Aziz is less than 0.01%?

But, why let common sense ruin an opportunity to scream "racist"?

MASS. JUDGE TO ANTIFA: “Stay out of Boston.”

Three of the 36 anti-Straight Pride Parade protesters being arraigned today were ordered to “stay out of Boston” by a judge who said he wouldn’t even allow one of them to visit relatives in Jamaica Plain.

All three were accused of assault and battery on police at Saturday’s downtown parade, with two of them also arraigned in Boston Municipal Court on disorderly and resisting arrest charges. Others also arraigned today were told to stay out of downtown.

Judge Thomas Horgan said the three risked being put in jail for 90 days if they didn’t follow his instructions. “Stay out of Boston,” Horgan repeated when the attorney for one of the men asked that his client only be forbidden from downtown Boston so he could visit relatives in Jamaica Plain.

“They’re going to have to go visit him, then,” Horgan said.

Good. Read the whole thing.

• Like (+1) 2