Liberal Protests

B-Man

LEFTISTS RULE AT THE WHITNEY

Liberals are vicious people. Not all of them, of course, but the activists. We see that in a variety of contexts. They try to get conservatives fired; they get them “deplatformed” by social media companies; they slander them endlessly; and–the instance at hand–they wreck their efforts at philanthropy.

Warren Kanders was, until a few days ago, the vice chairman of the board of the Whitney Museum of American Art. He has given the Whitney more than $10 million. But that didn’t save him when the leftists made him their target.

The Whitney Museum of American Art’s vice chairman resigned Thursday following months of protests over his company’s sale of tear gas.

A group of eight artists recently said they were pulling out of the prestigious 2019 Whitney Biennial exhibition over Warren Kanders’ ownership of Safariland, a company that manufactures tear gas grenades and other weapons, the art website Hyperallergic reported.

Last November, more than 100 museum staffers signed a letter demanding that the cultural institution respond to a Hyperallergic report linking Kanders to the tear gas fired Nov. 25 at the US-Mexico border by Border Patrol Agents into a crowd of migrants that included children.

What if police used tear gas to disperse a violent crowd of anti-tax protesters? Or an anti-abortion demonstration. Do you think the artists would have pulled out of the show in protest? No, I don’t either.

The facts are actually somewhat worse, with regard to the Whitney, as City Journal reports:

The Whitney leadership has handled this badly. Perhaps the museum’s most ill-advised move was to provide a prominent gallery in the Biennial for a group of British journalists called Forensic Architecture—specifically to attack Kanders.

That is almost unbelievable. Kanders should have slugged the person responsible and resigned on the spot.

{snip}

This is insanity. It is also typical of contemporary liberalism. If institutions like the Whitney are going to humor, let alone submit to, such lunacy, then normal Americans should have nothing to do with them.

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

This is insanity. It is also typical of contemporary liberalism. If institutions like the Whitney are going to humor, let alone submit to, such lunacy, then normal Americans should have nothing to do with them.

Of course, then it makes you a bigoted racist xenophobe actual literal super mecha-Nazi if you refuse to continue to donate, and their mismanaged funds dry up.

Edited by Koko78

For clarity on the above: 

* Personally I don't care about anyone's sexuality or preference. So long as all parties are consenting adults, have at it. 

* Same goes for trans, if you believe you're in the wrong body and have the means to change it -- have at it. 

But pushing said issues on children who do not know any better is problematic -- less so with preference, more so with trans issues because of the "treatments" which then take place. Letting a child decide to take hormones to delay puberty (or other options) is short sighted to the point of idiocy. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

45 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Radical leftists: "Mario Lopez doesn't understand the multi-faceted concept of gender!"

...but 3-yr-olds do.

Three year olds play dress-up.  That's not transgenderism, that's being a three-year old.  :wallbash:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

For clarity on the above: 

* Personally I don't care about anyone's sexuality or preference. So long as all parties are consenting adults, have at it. 

* Same goes for trans, if you believe you're in the wrong body and have the means to change it -- have at it. 

But pushing said issues on children who do not know any better is problematic -- less so with preference, more so with trans issues because of the "treatments" which then take place. Letting a child decide to take hormones to delay puberty (or other options) is short sighted to the point of idiocy. 

Well, in fairness, if the people pushing their children towards transgenderism are perfectly successful, at least THEIR own children won't be breeding.  Which, in the grand scheme, is probably for the best.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd the Leftist rage mob has bullied him into an apology.

Mario Lopez apologizes for 'ignorant' comments about parenting and gender identity

"The comments I made were ignorant and insensitive, and I now have a deeper understanding of how hurtful they were," Lopez said in a statement to CNN. "I have been and always will be an ardent supporter of the LGBTQ community, and I am going to use this opportunity to better educate myself. Moving forward I will be more informed and thoughtful."

Remember boys and girls, you can be girls or boys, but you CAN'T have an opinion that differs from the SJWs.

Edited by Hedge
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Mario Lopez apologizes for 'ignorant' comments about parenting and gender identity

Now they will pressure him into humiliating himself on talk shows, etc. Where he can "show us how to learn" the proper perspective on this nonsense.

2 hours ago, Hedge said:

Remember boys and girls, you can be girls or boys, but you CAN'T have an opinion that differs from the SJWs.

I am so sick of all of this SJW crap and transgendershit. My comments towards transgenders is to go ***** yourself, if you can.

15 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Three year olds play dress-up.  That's not transgenderism, that's being a three-year old.  :wallbash:

I think it has impact on some of them that lasts a long time.  You may not see it but even if small, it is evident that dressing up like a penguin every day had consequences down the road for you.