TBD blocked at my work!

Nothing changed on my end. Generally these things happen when something trips some algorithm somewhere and we get blacklisted on security subscription site that many companies pay for.

Probably all the Trump talk on PPP.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a serious note, there may have been a nonIT directive about using forums/message boards on company assets. Loss of productivity or potential data leaks.

From an IT perspective, message boards can be targets for nefarious bad guys to compromise and slip in some code to open a back door on visitors.

Your companies network may be saturated so they might be blocking sites to open up bandwidth

Or this could be a fishing expedition. Lock down the network and comb thru the logs to find out who is going where

That was my first thought, but doesn't makes sense because sabrespace & forums are not blocked. I think the logical answer is that something happened with the BlueCoat filter that tagged the site & forums as suspicious. Maybe some of the advertising links?

That was my first thought, but doesn't makes sense because sabrespace & forums are not blocked. I think the logical answer is that something happened with the BlueCoat filter that tagged the site & forums as suspicious. Maybe some of the advertising links?

This is what I am thinking too.

Sabrespace and its forums are not blocked for me either

CBF

And then somebody goes somewhere they shouldn't and introduce a threat to the network. So the IT Nazis have to crack down on everybody because of the actions of a single asshat.

Yep... Some of the old timers were absolutey the worse... Factor in tech ineptitude and there is gold... I was hoping some would send off extensive printing jobs through the wrong network printer... Like to the one in the Colonel's (District Commander) office! LMAO!

What's work?

It is something that makes people break out in hives/nasty rash!

Lotion helps...

It is likely, as I said, some of the discussions on proxies and ways to get around blocks which was flagged.

Dear IT

Visiting this site is a form of mental illness. Therefore, activity associated wth it is protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act.

Dear BuffaloBill,

I'm sorry, but I'm on my way out the door for one of my favorite hobbies. Here's a sample

Now, explain to me again how you would like to annoy me again?

I, too, have fallen victim to this blockage. I'm relieved to see that it wasn't a person in my IT department busting me. Since a solid 90% of my activity here takes place at work! my plan was to post something vacation-worthy. But now that I see it's something that will likely be resolved, I'm rethinking.

I, too, have fallen victim to this blockage. I'm relieved to see that it wasn't a person in my IT department busting me. Since a solid 90% of my activity here takes place at work! my plan was to post something vacation-worthy, like how much I hate Beerball, or how Mead107 and I have a love child- But now that I see it's something that will likely be resolved, I'm rethinking.

9675 of your posts haven't been worth a crap, why try and Ruffles feathers now??? And what's with those weird comments hidden in your message above.... Weird...

Now rather getting the direct from bluecoat message I get message without accreditation saying all Suspicious sites are blocked automatically and now no way to appeal. Evidently enough people asked about it for them to put up a generic page.

Edited by Koolaid

I, too, have fallen victim to this blockage. I'm relieved to see that it wasn't a person in my IT department busting me. Since a solid 90% of my activity here takes place at work! my plan was to post something vacation-worthy. But now that I see it's something that will likely be resolved, I'm rethinking.

Same here buddy!

Anyone else still blocked? I can get on TBD but TSW is still blocked

CBF