TBD blocked at my work!

That bluecoat site says the site is under review and they will update tomorrow. We will eventually get this fixed.

I put in a request and it said we were already under review. I don't know which service in their dropdown menu has flagged us though.

This happened once before in the early '00s I recall.

If this gets fixed and im able to go on this site again at work you will be my hero forever!!!!

CBF

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please justify the business use of this website

Signed, IT

We got a leaky drain @ work and one of the brainacs here suggested: silicone. 100% silicone caulk.

Oh wait... It wasn't the bathroom sink drain... Oops, the gov't just put me in for an on the spot cash award.

Most IT departments allow for "limited personal" use of these kind of sites by policy.

Yes... While on break, lunch, etc... It is 12:07 CDT... Who's on Central Time here?

:-)

We got a leaky drain @ work and one of the brainacs here suggested: silicone. 100% silicone caulk.

Oh wait... It wasn't the bathroom sink drain... Oops, the gov't just put me in for an on the spot cash award.

Yes... While on break, lunch, etc... It is 12:07 CDT... Who's on Central Time here?

:-)

Discussion amongst the intellectuals on TBD keeps one sharp for any business related matters. :D

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

There has to be some way to backdoor this issue, have you forwarded these issues to Beerball or Buffalo Bill? They seem handy with the interwebs and should be able to help you back door this firewall.

Yeah, I was referencing this before. Those two guys have a knack for finding the backdoor when they put their minds to it.

Yeah, I was referencing this before. Those two guys have a knack for finding the backdoor when they put their minds to it.

I'm pretty certain you are insinuating somethings else, I don't want any part of that... I'm sticky trying to help a comrade out who appears to be in distress....

But to feed into your back door seeking follies, I think Gugny would be the resident expert and he comes with references and experience, JB62....

Ya the blocker said it was blocked for "sports and recreation" and TBD was blocked for "suspicious"

Cant wait for this to be fixed.

Meanwhile, this is helping me get used to my new touch screen phone keypad

CBF

On a serious note, there may have been a nonIT directive about using forums/message boards on company assets. Loss of productivity or potential data leaks.

From an IT perspective, message boards can be targets for nefarious bad guys to compromise and slip in some code to open a back door on visitors.

Your companies network may be saturated so they might be blocking sites to open up bandwidth

Or this could be a fishing expedition. Lock down the network and comb thru the logs to find out who is going where

On a serious note, there may have been a nonIT directive about using forums/message boards on company assets. Loss of productivity or potential data leaks.

From an IT perspective, message boards can be targets for nefarious bad guys to compromise and slip in some code to open a back door on visitors.

Your companies network may be saturated so they might be blocking sites to open up bandwidth

Or this could be a fishing expedition. Lock down the network and comb thru the logs to find out who is going where

Exactly... We have to take extensive cyber awareness and PII training... LoL... You think it helps... People just go back to surfing the same crazy she-ite...:-(

Exactly... We have to take extensive cyber awareness and PII training... LoL... You think it helps... People just go back to surfing the same crazy she-ite...:-(

And then somebody goes somewhere they shouldn't and introduce a threat to the network. So the IT Nazis have to crack down on everybody because of the actions of a single asshat.