GOP Contested Convention

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that would be terrible! :pirate:

Actually it might be great. I'm not sure though as there are many variables and potential outcomes.

The GOP has been dying for awhile. This might be the push into the grave it needs.

It needs a complete reboot with new leadership, goals, policy etc.

If you're paying attention many of us conservatives actually want this. We realize the GOP hasn't represented us in a long time and needs rebuilding. You however continue to kowtow to your overlords.

He cannot compute thinking for himself.

He still cannot comprehend just because the majority of posters in PPP are not regressive that we constantly disagree amongst ourselves and/or with the major parties. To him everyone that is not a blind sheep like himself is the same.

I like Ted Cruz most in this election but I've come to realize on a national level I think he is unelectable. I think people have an issue with his personality (snake oil salesman) and appearance(the count). It's unfortunate because he is the purest constitutional conservative candidate we've had in at least 16 years. And he isn't going to win the sound byte war.

So with realizing that my preferred candidate can't win, I re focus on my primary goal, keeping Hillary out of office. And of the Republican fields remaining candidates I can't believe I'm saying this but I think Trump has the best chance to stop her. So I will support trump once Cruz is knocked out for 2 reasons.

1- he is my best chance to keep Hillary out of office(short of her being sent to a grand jury) and protecting the constitution, supreme court nominations and the 2nd ammendment.

2- trump is also out best hope to trigger a massive implosion in Washington that is long over due. He is a tool that would be used as a wrecking ball to the establishment of both sides. And hopefully in 4 or 8 years from now the system will be less broken.

I think if trump "wins" the nomination but the establishment gives the middle finger to the voters and he loses out to a brokered convention the Republican voters will stage a full out mutiny within the party and the party for all intents and purposes will be toast.

Edited by drinkTHEkoolaid

If you're paying attention many of us conservatives actually want this. We realize the GOP hasn't represented us in a long time and needs rebuilding. You however continue to kowtow to your overlords.

Really? Seems like you support the GOP lock stock and barrel. But what don't they do that you want them to do?

Pluralities at Conventions: the Record
by Ramesh Ponnuru
Party nominees usually come to the convention with a majority of delegates. That could very happen for the Republicans this year.
What if it doesn’t? In five of the last seven cases in which a candidate came to a party convention having earned a plurality of delegates, he didn’t win the nomination. Usually if the front-runner is unable to clinch a majority, it’s a sign of entrenched opposition limiting the potential of the candidacy.
Candidates who came to their conventions with a plurality won the Republican nominations in 1976 and 1948. But the candidate who started with more delegates than anyone else did not win the 1952 Democratic, 1940 Republican, 1924 Democratic, 1920 Republican, or 1920 Democratic nominations. In those instances the nominations ultimately went to the candidate who came in third, third, seventh, sixth, and third, respectively, on their conventions’ first ballots.
Also worth noting: In only one of the seven cases in which nobody had a majority of the delegates at the start of the convention did the party go on to win in November. The Republicans won in 1920–but they were up against a Democratic party in which no candidate came to the convention with a majority of delegates, either.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner
But in those cases they were not running against an insider with high negative ratings like Hillary

Really? Seems like you support the GOP lock stock and barrel. But what don't they do that you want them to do?

I do?? :lol:

It's not so much what I want them to do it's what I want them to stop doing.

1. Get corporate America out of their pockets

2. Stop acting like petty petulant children and work with the left to compromise

3. Push for immigration reform and push for enforcing the immigration laws already on the book.

4. Advocate for more of a meritocracy as opposed to the affirmative action we have.

5. Reduce government regulation on small businesses. This should be more on the local level.

6. Reduce the amount of weeks someone gets paid for not working.

7. Push for a school voucher system. Let people decide where their kids go to school not geography

8. Reform our tax system

9. Change the estate tax system. Eliminate the estate tax altogether but also eliminate the step up at death.

Just a few off the top of my head.

I do?? :lol:

It's not so much what I want them to do it's what I want them to stop doing.

1. Get corporate America out of their pockets

2. Stop acting like petty petulant children and work with the left to compromise

3. Push for immigration reform and push for enforcing the immigration laws already on the book.

4. Advocate for more of a meritocracy as opposed to the affirmative action we have.

5. Reduce government regulation on small businesses. This should be more on the local level.

6. Reduce the amount of weeks someone gets paid for not working.

7. Push for a school voucher system. Let people decide where their kids go to school not geography

8. Reform our tax system

9. Change the estate tax system. Eliminate the estate tax altogether but also eliminate the step up at death.

Just a few off the top of my head.

1) For number one, are you against citizens united then?

This sums up Gator's mentality perfectly. There's nothing more classy than wishing for a mass shooting to take place at the convention. Except maybe laughing at the thought of dead Americans.

Look out! Greggy is up on his high horse :lol:

It's not a high horse to point out how horrific it is to actively wish for a mass shooting. That's just called being a decent human being.

You should try it sometime. It might help you with your intense anger issues.

You are the angry one, I was just joking and laughing about it.

Sounds like you are having a bad day. Drink too much last night? Or are the pills you take wearing off?

You are the angry one, I was just joking and laughing about it.

Joking about mass shootings? Hilarious.

Based on your track record of being angry on this forum and lashing out with unprovoked name calling, you might want to get that anger in check before you become a danger to yourself or others. Seriously, anyone who could post what you did and think it's funny is fukked in the head.

Edited by Deranged Rhino

Joking about mass shootings? Hilarious.

Based on your track record of being angry on this forum and lashing out with unprovoked name calling, you might want to get that anger in check before you become a danger to yourself or others. Seriously, anyone who could post what you did and think it's funny is fukked in the head.

I never said a thing about a mass shooting. God, sober up lad! Stop making up lies about what I said. Angry people lie.... :lol:

You are too easy. Chemical dependence makes you stupid Greggy minion