Would you trade for Clady and start him at RT?

FireChan

37 members have voted

1. 1. Would you?

• Yes
    • No

For more cap space John.

business mind eh ?

Oh well. He's useless on this team anyway.

Hanging with Weo are you?

I dont think we can or will trade for him.

However, we don't know Kujo can play in the NFL. It seems we think Mills can be a backup swing Y and may be able for the starting job. Henderson might not be able to play on any given Sunday due to his health. We don't have a starting RT. We need at LEAST another potential starting RT to compete in camp and IMO I want that player to be the starter in a perfect world by winning the job.

we have 3 competing already. How many RT do you wish to have compete?

btw i do not mind drafting another lol

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To put this in perspective, trading for Clady and moving him to RT would make him the second highest paid RT in the NFL after Lane Johnson. The third highest paid RT averages $6.75M/year. Clady is set to make $9.5M in 2016.

perspective is much like math.

stupid and a waste of time.

arrghh

No thanks, build through the draft a pay our own. People are available for a reason.

Exactly bud. We have no cap, and we want someone demanding $10 mil a year who has an injury history? Why do people keep doing this?

WE DON'T HAVE THE MONEY!!!!!!!!

Sorry for effect. Not yelling at everyone. Build through the draft and you get on the cheap for four years. Trust Whaley in this draft. Ask yourself even if we had money, why did Denver sign another Tackle today for $50 mil over 5 years vs resign Clady? Things that make you go hmmh.

To put this in perspective, trading for Clady and moving him to RT would make him the second highest paid RT in the NFL after Lane Johnson. The third highest paid RT averages $6.75M/year. Clady is set to make $9.5M in 2016.

While that's true, it'd only be for one year.

Exactly bud. We have no cap, and we want someone demanding $10 mil a year who has an injury history? Why do people keep doing this?

WE DON'T HAVE THE MONEY!!!!!!!!

Sorry for effect. Not yelling at everyone. Build through the draft and you get on the cheap for four years. Trust Whaley in this draft. Ask yourself even if we had money, why did Denver sign another Tackle today for $50 mil over 5 years vs resign Clady? Things that make you go hmmh.

Clady has 2 years left on his deal. Why would I ask this question?

Problem is that the Gilmore/Glenn space that will be freed up needs to go to draft picks.

If you trade for Clady, and then use the space created by Gilmore/Glenn extensions to fit him under the cap, then you only have $1.6M in space, which leaves you about $3.4M short of being able to sign your draft picks.

Right--it's not realistic.

Based on this article Sal did they have 3 or so million to spend at this point outside of the draft pick funds: http://www.wgr550.com/Bills-updated-salary-cap-and-FA-draft-situation/22576881

I wouldn't mind seeing a trade like this. But it is impractical because what would the Bills have to use as bait?

Edited by purple haze

No chance, Clady is too expensive. We have no cap room to sign a free agent and still sign our draft picks. The cuts have been made, we've had our FA signing in Dray (maybe we could squeeze in one more el cheapo). The draft is all we have left. Wake up and look at Spotrac guys, WE HAVE NO CAP ROOM TO SIGN ANYONE ELSE IN FA. THE DRAFT IS ALL WE'RE GOING TO GET!

Edited by Freddie's Dead

No chance, Clady is too expensive. We have no cap room to sign and still sign our draft picks. The cuts have been made, we've had our FA signing in Dray (maybe we could squeeze in one more el cheapo). The draft is all we have left. Wake up and look at Spotrac guys, WE HAVE NO CAP ROOM TO SIGN ANYONE ELSE IN FA. THE DRAFT IS ALL WE'RE GOING TO GET!

after accounting for draft picks.....Bills have $3-4 mil in available cap space.

after accounting for draft picks.....Bills have $3-4 mil in available cap space.

My calculations were a little bit different from 550's, but I got about the same figure. I got $7.5M currently, $5.5M after accounting for rookies. Then a little space has to be set aside for the change from Rule of 51 to full roster accounting when the full 53 plus practice squad players will count toward cap calls. That happens just prior to the start of the regular season. Then the team also has to carry some space into the regular season for things like signing players to replace guys going on IR. $2M-$3M is probably the minimum amount a team would want to carry. Long story short, considering offsets the Bills probably have about $3-4M to play with.

The Bills might want to look at some players on vet minimum deals as stopgaps. The league gives a cap space break on those contracts and the time is about right for those deals to start happening.

Edited by BarleyNY

Thank God you aren't the Bills GM. Clady hasn't played well - or much at all - of late. There are good reasons the Broncos decided to replace him.

Clady has been hurt several seasons in a row. It's not happening, he won't renegotiate to stay with Denver he isn't doing it here. That being said, Clady is not suited to RT, he's a finesse player while Cordy has 30 lbs on him and could shift of RT easier. The people saying they'd put Clady at RT have less of a clue what they are talking about than I do.

Clady has been hurt several seasons in a row. It's not happening, he won't renegotiate to stay with Denver he isn't doing it here. That being said, Clady is not suited to RT, he's a finesse player while Cordy has 30 lbs on him and could shift of RT easier. The people saying they'd put Clady at RT have less of a clue what they are talking about than I do.

And anyone who would want him on the Bills at all, much less at a salary of $9.5M, is only going by name recognition and need. I wouldn't touch him at half that.

Yeah, but he's heard of him.

Fair point.