Would you trade for Clady and start him at RT?

FireChan

37 members have voted

1. 1. Would you?

• Yes
    • No

With Denver looking for trade partners due to the Okung signing, Clady is available with a cap hit of $10M. Is trading for him something you would entertain, knowing that FA would effectively be over for the Bills?

Edited by FireChan

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted yes even though it's impractical--they'd have to either (a) get him to renegotiate, which Denver couldn't do, or (b) remove the tag from Glenn, which would be crazy.

My math showed if we renegotiated Gilmore and Glenn, we could afford it. Then you negotiate him down in 2017 with an extension.

Edited by FireChan

I voted yes even though it's impractical--they'd have to either (a) get him to renegotiate, which Denver couldn't do, or (b) remove the tag from Glenn, which would be crazy.

Too late! Glenn signed his tender and a trade for Clady will not happen!

My math showed if we renegotiated Gilmore and Glenn, we could afford it.

Problem is that the Gilmore/Glenn space that will be freed up needs to go to draft picks.

If you trade for Clady, and then use the space created by Gilmore/Glenn extensions to fit him under the cap, then you only have $1.6M in space, which leaves you about $3.4M short of being able to sign your draft picks.

Too late! Glenn signed his tender and a trade for Clady will not happen!

Right--it's not realistic.

Problem is that the Gilmore/Glenn space that will be freed up needs to go to draft picks.

If you trade for Clady, and then use the space created by Gilmore/Glenn extensions to fit him under the cap, then you only have $1.6M in space, which leaves you about $3.4M short of being able to sign your draft picks.

Right--it's not realistic.

What's Kyle's hit if you cut him today?

Our team is loaded with talent and we've spent our resources on it. You can't have everything and at some point you need a player not making a ton of money or a rookie to step up. This year it will be RT, LB's, WR, NT, safety and a third CB.

Are there any lower tier cap cuts on the market that can at least be a functional RT? The Kujo draft selection was very damaging. The Skins drafted Morgan Moses out of Virginia with a lower round pick, I think it was the third round. It took a season or two for him to get his footing but he is now an established right tackle.

The problem with our RT position last year and to an extent our RG position is that the play was not only less than mediocre, it was a liability/vulnerability. Teams can manage areas of weaknesses in a variety of ways but when it descends to the point of being a liability there is little one can do to plug the hole. I'm hoping that Miller can step up with an offseason to work on his game but I'm not confident in Henderson being adequate enough. Kujo should simply be cut.

Sure doesn't seem realistic though given the current cap situation. I think RT is a spot that could use an upgrade but there are more important needs that the team could spend space on. Henderson could do a solid job and there are plenty of people on the roster that can push a camp competition.

I think if the Bills have 2-3 million in cap space left before rookies it would be better used signing a vet NT or a vet MLB for depth purposes.

Sure doesn't seem realistic though given the current cap situation. I think RT is a spot that could use an upgrade but there are more important needs that the team could spend space on. Henderson could do a solid job and there are plenty of people on the roster that can push a camp competition.

I think if the Bills have 2-3 million in cap space left before rookies it would be better used signing a vet NT or a vet MLB for depth purposes.

We pretty much already know the RT will be Henderson. Mills and Kouandjio will vie for back up jobs with a drafted or UDFA rookie if they decide to go with those routes.

We pretty much already know the RT will be Henderson. Mills and Kouandjio will vie for back up jobs with a drafted or UDFA rookie if they decide to go with those routes.

I dont think we can or will trade for him.

However, we don't know Kujo can play in the NFL. It seems we think Mills can be a backup swing Y and may be able for the starting job. Henderson might not be able to play on any given Sunday due to his health. We don't have a starting RT. We need at LEAST another potential starting RT to compete in camp and IMO I want that player to be the starter in a perfect world by winning the job.

Edited by Manther