Goodell may give up power over off-field discipline

That would benefit him to do so. He has been made the scapegoat in a lot of these situations and it has really hurt his reputation. I think he's been a competent leader and the league overall is the best it's ever been, but the disciplinary decisions he's made recently have made him look pretty bad

That would benefit him to do so. He has been made the scapegoat in a lot of these situations and it has really hurt his reputation. I think he's been a competent leader and the league overall is the best it's ever been, but the disciplinary decisions he's made recently have made him look pretty bad

True. He can easily delegate the responsibility

Actually, in the correct context, his reputation is the perfect foil for the owners -who are singularly his 'Boss'. He's merely their mouthpiece and taking public flak for THEIR decisions is why he's paid so handsomely.

Who, or what body will handle punishment going forward? It's still going to be the will of the 'Gentlemen's' Club'.

Goodell is a dope! He should give up this disciplinary responsibility as well as all of his other responsibilities and retire somewhere to some remote location where nobody has to see his stupid dopey face or hear anymore of his bull **** anymore ever again.

Goodell is a dope! He should give up this disciplinary responsibility as well as all of his other responsibilities and retire somewhere to some remote location where nobody has to see his stupid dopey face or hear anymore of his bull **** anymore ever again.

Could you be a little less ambiguous please? It's hard to tell if you like Roger or not.

The NFLPA is weak, if they give something substantial just to have Roger broker his power from the shadows of Park Avenue I wouldn't be surprised.

London team, 18 games, changes to playoff structure etc. Leave the damn game alone stop spinning the wheel of fortune eventually it's going to stop landing on jackpot.

The NFLPA is weak, if they give something substantial just to have Roger broker his power from the shadows of Park Avenue I wouldn't be surprised.

London team, 18 games, changes to playoff structure etc. Leave the damn game alone stop spinning the wheel of fortune eventually it's going to stop landing on jackpot.

NFLPA doesn't vote on expansion teams/ cities...

The NFLPA may "believe" in many things. There's nothing there that says they have a collectively bargained for veto power over a team locating in London.

No doubt they would object to it on some grounds and do something to block it, but the idea would not exist if the owners knew they could not do it without the legal consent of the NFLPA.

The NFLPA may "believe" in many things. There's nothing there that says they have a collectively bargained for veto power over a team locating in London.

No doubt they would object to it on some grounds and do something to block it, but the idea would not exist if the owners knew they could not do it without the legal consent of the NFLPA.

Right I agree but having the NFLPA agree to it would make things a lot less ugly in the public eye. The NFL would be smart to get the players to agree with the owners on this because if they polled the fans I'm sure the results wouldn't be good.