Remember the time Cassel "started" for the Bills vs Colts?

@mikerodak

Matt Cassel received $58.73 from the Bills in NFLs performance-based pay this season. He played precisely 1 snap.

He would still be cashing that check with a ski mask on.

Oh btw we have an extra 5th next year for that trade.

Bills performance-based payouts:

P. Brown: $263,842

Hogan: $204,819

Rambo: $202,084

Bryant: $200,353

Henderson: $182,569

Top 10 Bills performance-based payouts, cont:

Darby: $178,522

Miller: $173,144

Robby: $117,680

Gragg: $114,902

D. Williams: $111,163

i turned to whoever it was next to me... gugny? ryan? gg? someone and said right than and there that this play was going to define our entire 2015 season. it was a poor effort at trying to do too much knowing too little - a coaching and scheme issue. we saw it time and time again all season.

@mikerodak

Oh btw we have an extra 5th next year for that trade.

Yes and no. They gave up 5th (2015) to get him and got a 6th (2015) in return.

Then they got a 5th from Dallas (2017) and gave up a 7th (2017).

So in the end they basically traded up from a 7th (2017) to a 6th (2015).

I'm aware. I was just stating what we still have ahead of us as a result of the trade. I think the 7th we gave them is this year's though. Edited by YoloinOhio

Remember how many posters were ENRAGED at Whaley for getting rid of MC? Some were borderline hysterical.

Uhh I didn't quite get it at the time, nor did most people. It turned out to be a fine move, like most personnel moves Whaley has made since he got here. That being said, I don't think anybody was ENRAGED or hysterical.

I am surprised that I haven't seen any of the resident anti-Taylor posters allude to the fact that Taylor's record was technically 7-6 last season, not 8-6, because of that one snap.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

And don't forget the bigger fact: the 2015 5th they gave up to get Cassell was the first pick in the round. A few days later the Bills offered their remaining 5th to the Bears for WR Brandon Marshall. The Bears took the Jets 5th because they were ahead of Bills in draft order. So essentially Matt Cassell cost the Bills Brandon Marshall. They would have 2 legit WRs plus Woods. Doesn't seem like such a great deal anymore does it?

And don't forget the bigger fact: the 2015 5th they gave up to get Cassell was the first pick in the round. A few days later the Bills offered their remaining 5th to the Bears for WR Brandon Marshall. The Bears took the Jets 5th because they were ahead of Bills in draft order. So essentially Matt Cassell cost the Bills Brandon Marshall. They would have 2 legit WRs plus Woods. Doesn't seem like such a great deal anymore does it?

Considering how unknown Tyrod was, and unproven EJ still is, its hard to look back on giving Cassell a shot as a bad decision, imo. He was the only 'sure thing' out of the three, even if that 'sure thing' was a really low ceiling.

Got a source on that?

Got a source on that?

Is this a thing? I've never heard anything of the sort.

Got a source on that?

I just recall watching ESPN and Schefter was talking about the trade going down . He said it was down to Bills and Jets for Marshall. A while later the trade was reported as finalized w Marshall going to the Jets for 5 th round pick. If you look at what picks the Bills had in the 5th round before / after Cassell trade it's apparent what happened. The Bills then turned to Harvin, but Marshall was their initial target, if what Schefter reported about the teams involved in pursuing Marshall was correct.

I just recall watching ESPN and Schefter was talking about the trade going down . He said it was down to Bills and Jets for Marshall. A while later the trade was reported as finalized w Marshall going to the Jets for 5 th round pick. If you look at what picks the Bills had in the 5th round before / after Cassell trade it's apparent what happened. The Bills then turned to Harvin, but Marshall was their initial target, if what Schefter reported about the teams involved in pursuing Marshall was correct.

sounds vaguely familiar.

But i thought Rex/ Lal were kinda hot for Harvin already.

My memory is not what it should be.