Mike Myers vs. Steve Martin

I guess somebody has to be that guy, so.... I like Myers work more. I'll take the few years where he did Wayne's World, So I Married An Axe Murdered, the first Austin Powers over Martin's whole body of work. Planes, Trains and Automobiles is the only Martin movie that I like, and John Candy carries that movie. I will never understand the appeal of Three Amigos or The Jerk.

Sure, Myers is to blame for Austin Powers 3 and the Love Guru, but Steve made 15 movies with Queen Latifah so I call it a wash in the unforgivable crap department.

I guess somebody has to be that guy, so.... I like Myers work more. I'll take the few years where he did Wayne's World, So I Married An Axe Murdered, the first Austin Powers over Martin's whole body of work. Planes, Trains and Automobiles is the only Martin movie that I like, and John Candy carries that movie. I will never understand the appeal of Three Amigos or The Jerk.

Sure, Myers is to blame for Austin Powers 3 and the Love Guru, but Steve made 15 movies with Queen Latifah so I call it a wash in the unforgivable crap department.

I always thought Steve Martin was over rated, but I do think the first half of The Jerk is pretty good.

Probably my favorite of his movies was LA Story, and it wasn't his normal type of character, which I think helped.

To me both are talented and funny (I like Meyers), but Martin is more prolific. Both he and Myers write and act and both have had their share of misses. Still, Martin's stand up was revolutionary, his music isn't my style but he's pretty accomplished in that industry, plus check out Martin's list of classics (even keeping off 3 Amigos, PTaA, and the Jerk):

Writer: Bowfinger (classic), Traitor (thriller but better than people realize), LA Story (classic), Roxanne (classic)

Actor: My Blue Heaven (classic), Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (remake but classic), Parenthood (classic), Father of the Bride(s), LA Story, Leap of Faith (underrated).

Of course, it's all a matter of opinion. :beer:

"One of the things Canada can offer the world is civility, and one of the great legacies that Canada can leave is that the strength of democracy is not how well we agree, but how well we disagree."

Asked by the USA Today what he thought about citizens threatening to leave the US if Trump become president, he said: "We'll take you all."

When I read that quote first thing I thought about was CBF. We are all moving in with him.