How to start a war with Iran

I came across this article about the courts finding Iran liable for $10.5 billion to various parties for their role in 9/11. Of course, Iran didn't have a role in 9/11 but let's not let facts get in the way of geopolitics. Iran doesn't even acknowledge the case let alone the decision, so it's more political theater than actual litigation.

Normally I wouldn't share this article because it's clearly slanted (full disclosure) but the anecdote told in it should open some people's eyes to just how far some will go to make war. It's from 2008 but I never heard it before and thought it interesting considering the coming election: http://ahtribune.com/politics/662-judge-iran-911.html/ original source http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2008/07/31/26940/cheney-proposal-for-iran-war/?mobile=nc

Why do some in the U.S. government think the rest of us will find outlandish war plots believable? Because they in fact engage in them. Here is Seymour Hersh describing a meeting held in then-Vice President Dick Cheney's office:

"There was a dozen ideas proffered about how to trigger a war. The one that interested me the most was why don't we build — we in our shipyard — build four or five boats that look like Iranian PT boats. Put Navy seals on them with a lot of arms. And next time one of our boats goes to the Straits of Hormuz, start a shoot-up. Might cost some lives. And it was rejected because you can't have Americans killing Americans. That's the kind of — that's the level of stuff we're talking about. Provocation. But that was rejected."

I came across this article about the courts finding Iran liable for $10.5 billion to various parties for their role in 9/11. Of course, Iran didn't have a role in 9/11 but let's not let facts get in the way of geopolitics. Iran doesn't even acknowledge the case let alone the decision, so it's more political theater than actual litigation.

Normally I wouldn't share this article because it's clearly slanted (full disclosure) but the anecdote told in it should open some people's eyes to just how far some will go to make war. It's from 2008 but I never heard it before and thought it interesting considering the coming election: http://ahtribune.com/politics/662-judge-iran-911.html/ original source http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2008/07/31/26940/cheney-proposal-for-iran-war/?mobile=nc

Why do some in the U.S. government think the rest of us will find outlandish war plots believable? Because they in fact engage in them. Here is Seymour Hersh describing a meeting held in then-Vice President Dick Cheney's office:

"There was a dozen ideas proffered about how to trigger a war. The one that interested me the most was why don't we build — we in our shipyard — build four or five boats that look like Iranian PT boats. Put Navy seals on them with a lot of arms. And next time one of our boats goes to the Straits of Hormuz, start a shoot-up. Might cost some lives. And it was rejected because you can't have Americans killing Americans. That's the kind of — that's the level of stuff we're talking about. Provocation. But that was rejected."

bull ****. There's easier, cleaner, more deniable, cheaper, and safer ways to provoke a war with Iran. Triggering a war with Iran would be easy.

That's not exactly news. The Saudis didn't buy Strike Eagles to fight Israeli Strike Eagles, after all...

Cut me some slack Tom,

I'm sweating out the NCAA Bracketology Show at the same time.

Go Bonnies !...................... :D

What's bullshite? That they actually discussed that plan?

Seymour Hersh in general. But yeah...that they discussed that plan. What were they thinking of building again? Boghammers? North Korean coastal patrol boats? Osa-class missile boats? Built brand-new, In American yards? Then ship them halfway around the world, deploy them in one of the busiest straits in the world (and heavily patrolled by the Iranians, I should add), shoot up an American warship, sink their newly-constructed faux-Iranian boats, and use it as an excuse to go to war...

...without anyone noticing the Iranians didn't lose a boat, and without the thousands of people that would have to be involved not noticing that the "Iranian" boats sailed halfway around the world to attack the US Navy in the stupidest manner possible (note: the Iranians are rarely stupid) and with ample precedent for that not being a casus belli (e.g. Operation Preying Mantis?)

There would be no discussing that plan. Anyone dumb enough to pitch that as a plan would be laughed out of the room. The only person I could see stupid enough to even mention it is Hersh.

Gulf of Tonkin

The attack on the US Liberty

Operation WashTub

Operation Northwoods

The bombing of the Chinese embassy

The bombing of doctors without boarders

just add to the list of false flags, rejected false flags, or accidentals on purposes

Gulf of Tonkin

The attack on the US Liberty

Operation WashTub

Operation Northwoods

The bombing of the Chinese embassy

The bombing of doctors without boarders

just add to the list of false flags, rejected false flags, or accidentals on purposes

Forgot Bush Did 9/11

Cut me some slack Tom,

I'm sweating out the NCAA Bracketology Show at the same time.

Go Bonnies !...................... :D

Is it that time again? I don't follow college basketball, but doesn't ESPN do a live three-hour telecast around Barry's bracket? Are they not doing it this year?

the recent demise of H2 and it's endless reruns of Ancient Aliens has left a Tsoukalos sized void in the batschitt crazy theory department.

greggy seems to be seeking his fix elsewhere

I sent a request to viceland for an episode of gaycation in tehran or riyadh. Strangely, no one's gotten back to me.

the recent demise of H2 and it's endless reruns of Ancient Aliens has left a Tsoukalos sized void in the batschitt crazy theory department.

greggy seems to be seeking his fix elsewhere

:lol: I missed this yesterday. Normally I'd agree -- but I'm not sure what batshite theory I'm pushing here. I'm not pushing a theory at all, just highlighting one actual plan that was discussed as a way to spark a war with Iran.

Katrina was the work of Yakuza as payback for Hiroshima

Of course they used Dick Cheney's weather machine

But it still wouldn't have happened if Bush hadn't personally dynamited the levees surrounding the black neighborhoods, and told people to "shelter in place" at the Superdome.

But it still wouldn't have happened if Bush hadn't personally dynamited the levees surrounding the black neighborhoods, and told people to "shelter in place" at the Superdome.

Remember when Bush let the air out of the tires of all those buses?

upiphotos646541-1024x651.jpg

Forgot Bush Did 9/11

Can't put them all in one post but lets add death of Pat Tillman narrative , the Jessica Lynch narrative, the Iraqi throwing infants out of incubators narrative, and the Bin Laden hiding behind his wives narrative.

Can't put them all in one post but lets add death of Pat Tillman narrative , the Jessica Lynch narrative, the Iraqi throwing infants out of incubators narrative, and the Bin Laden hiding behind his wives narrative.

don't forget he hates black people #blacklives matter!!!!