Teague to be cut?

JP-era

Scouts Inc. (ESPN Insider reports that the Bills want to upgrade the position from free agency or the draft and that with Teagues salary 1.25 with another 1 at training camps start, he will likely not be back.

This is the first mention I have seen of Teague being cut.

They also report that Kyle Turley may be cut due to the fight with Martz and a 3.6 mill contract.

Personally, I dont give 2 craps about his fight with Martz, Martz is a putz. Id love to see Turley in a Bills uni. I think he'd be a great 2nd option at LT if Jennings bolts.

Scouts Inc. (ESPN Insider reports that the Bills want to upgrade the position from free agency or the draft and that with Teagues salary 1.25 with another 1 at training camps start, he will likely not be back.

They also report that Kyle Turley may be cut due to the fight with Martz and a 3.6 mill contract.

Personally, I dont give 2 craps about his fight with Martz, Martz is a putz. Id love to see Turley in a Bills uni. I think he'd be a great 2nd option at LT if Jennings bolts.

245131[/snapback]

Turley's injury worries me

245131[/snapback]

Interesting about Teague. I like Turley, but he's damaged goods.

If this were in the Bills plans, I have to believe that JJ will be re-signed prior to F/A starting.  I wouldn't like the idea of a new LT, LG and C all at once.

245144[/snapback]

agree, could have been from left field and just a "pat answer" type guess, seems familiar around here huhh?

I think for 2.25 mill next year Teague is actually a bargain considering what it would cost to replace him.

245131[/snapback]

This makes sence. When I saw the Mike Mularkey interview on Wed evening on the NFL network, he said at least twice more changes in positions would be coming from the Off. side of the ball. This may be one

Failing hearing this mention from a few other sources or something by name closer to home this rumor seems fairly baseless and actually against the Bills interests at this point.

Even if one judged Teague to be inadequate at center, why on earth you would cut a player who has played LT before and whose cap hit is far below that of other Bills OL players (even with an escalator when camp begins if that is what you are describing) when you might lose your starting LT to FA simply makes no sense.

Clumpy's wonderful resource on Bills cap hits is undeniably thorough and evem if you quibble with a number it is the best resource avalable and he is happy to update it if there is a better number around. He has MW logging a massive $9.17 million cap hit that clearly must be restructured before the season begins. It would seem any cuts the Bills make on the OL have be done with restructuring of this number in mind.

Its hard to imagine that even a worse case scenario that this team would give any thought to weakening its ability to find someone to play tackle by cutting Teague.

The rumor of Teague being cut surprised me. It doesn’t make a whole lot of sense.

First of all his play improved dramatically last year. I don't think he is near greatness but all indications from the coaching staff were that he really stood up this past year.

What makes less sense to me is the financial ramifications of letting him go. He doesn't cost much against our cap. To replace him and resign/replace JJ just doesn't seem doable. Even if we replace him and JJ, he would still give us much needed depth.

I would be very surprised if we outright released him.

If Teague has a roster bonus of 1 million coming due then it will probably happen.

However if the team is comfortable with Tucker then Teague can also be moved to RT if the Bills don't sign JJ. MW is already being paid like a LT and was expected to be the Bills left tackle of the future. When JJ leaves, the Bills more then likely move MW to LT. the Bills can resign Price and let him play RT, or they could see if Peters is capable of being a RT. However Teague use to play RT for Denver and would probably be the best most option while we groom Peters to play RT. Teague us a UFA next season, and we will probably know for sure if Peters can handle the RT position by then.

MW already is making big time LT money, JJ is going to want LT money. It seems a little far fetched that the Bills would tie up LT cash on 2 players.

There is a lot of sorting out to do.

This could also be TD posturing to get Teague to renegotiate his contract. Something's going on, and the Silver Smokescreen is hard to see through.

245305[/snapback]

Teague is in the last year of his contract. I believe the Bills will let him play it out and let him walk next year while grooming replacemtns this year.