Martavis Bryant Facing 1 Year Suspension

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Legalize it because the states want their tax dollars. In California (and in CO) you can buy your own plants and grow yourself with the laws as they are now, you don't need to go to a dispensary but most do because we're Americans. We don't make stuff. We buy stuff other people made. ;)

That's funny. And true.

Planning to check into rehab for depression issues; missed multiple drug tests (I think he went last time he got suspended too)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2016/03/12/martavis-bryant-pittsburgh-steelers/81693628/

@steelersnation

Martavis Bryant's agent: "we're all stunned. We miscalculated the issue. It's not a partying issue, it's a coping issue"

Edited by YoloinOhio

Florio says since they went right from 4 games to full year suspension (next suspension for pot should have been 10) then it may have been for something else)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/12/bryants-latest-violation-may-have-come-from-something-other-than-a-positive-marijuana-test/

And US Today says he is being suspended for multiple (dodged) tests which is why it is a year.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2016/03/12/martavis-bryant-pittsburgh-steelers/81693628/

The multiple missed tests – which count the same as failed tests – explains why Bryant faces banishment for at least one year, rather than a 10-game suspension for his latest violation after serving a four-game suspension to start last season.

Planning to check into rehab for depression issues; missed multiple drug tests (I think he went last time he got suspended too)

@steelersnation

Martavis Bryant's agent: "we're all stunned. We miscalculated the issue. It's not a partying issue, it's a coping issue"

that kinda sucks actually. if true.

Alcohol causes many more problems than Marijuana, yet we see multiple beer ads during games. Marijuana can also be used for pain tolerance, which in the NFL is necessary. But since it is against the rules the dude needs to be smarter about his use or not use it at all.

Marijuana is a schedule 1 drug.

It's illegal at the federal level.

That's why it's a banned substance.

@steelersnation

And that's addiction.

Truly a stoner attitude.

I can count on one hand the number of times I've used marijuana. I don't drink either. But I have been around many people who do both; I have been around people who do both, some might say, too much. The alcohol was far more hazardous to those people AND the people they were around.

I found MJ smokers mellow out, might lose some motivation and will eat up all the snacks, but are harmless. The alcohol usually led people to change, in various ways, many of them negative; fussing, fighting, being promiscuous, driving, etc.

Obviously, people can drink and be just fine. Just from observation, in comparing users of the two, I have seen alcohol be infinitely more troublesome.

I can count on one hand the number of times I've used marijuana. I don't drink either. But I have been around many people who do both; I have been around people who do both, some might say, too much. The alcohol was far more hazardous to those people AND the people they were around.

I found MJ smokers mellow out, might lose some motivation and will eat up all the snacks, but are harmless. The alcohol usually led people to change, in various ways, many of them negative; fussing, fighting, being promiscuous, driving, etc.

Obviously, people can drink and be just fine. Just from observation, in comparing users of the two, I have seen alcohol be infinitely more troublesome.

Because it is. Anything in excess can be problematic, but alcohol is far more dangerous.

Marijuana is a schedule 1 drug.

It's illegal at the federal level.

That's why it's a banned substance.

And that's addiction.

not for nuthin but are you well versed about hemp and cannabinoids ?

I was at A TEDx talk recently and there was presenter who was defending medical marijuana. Explaining a story about a child who was having gran mal seizures. Her Mom is a nurse practitioner.

The fellow really did a nice job with the facts and i sure learned alot about pot !

you of course know why Reagan had a relatively harmless drug up to schedule one i suppose?

I sound abit snarky when folks who dont know much about a subject take a definitive stand.

Like i said i had little knowledge of the history of hemp. But i do know.

and it is not addictive.

But sure lets treat it like heroin.

not for nuthin but are you well versed about hemp and cannabinoids ?

I was at A TEDx talk recently and there was presenter who was defending medical marijuana. Explaining a story about a child who was having gran mal seizures. Her Mom is a nurse practitioner.

The fellow really did a nice job with the facts and i sure learned alot about pot !

you of course know why Reagan had a relatively harmless drug up to schedule one i suppose?

I sound abit snarky when folks who dont know much about a subject take a definitive stand.

Like i said i had little knowledge of the history of hemp. But i do know.

and it is not addictive.

But sure lets treat it like heroin.

It is absolutely psychologically addictive. Physically, not so much.

The fact of the matter is that you have a substance abuse disorder once you have a clinical or functional impairment. Marijuana use in the NFL, by definition, fits this criteria as it significantly impacts their ability to work.

Let me ask you this 3rd. If you had to never drink alcohol again to maintain employment, and you couldn't or wouldn't stop, what would you call that?

It is absolutely psychologically addictive. Physically, not so much.

The fact of the matter is that you have a substance abuse disorder once you have a clinical or functional impairment. Marijuana use in the NFL, by definition, fits this criteria as it significantly impacts their ability to work.

Let me ask you this 3rd. If you had to never drink alcohol again to maintain employment, and you couldn't or wouldn't stop, what would you call that?

a poor decision. Because there is help available if i ask for it.

But alcohol is physically addictive. as are opioids. so I would likely need professional help depending the level of addiction.

I know where you are going with this. Pot is not psychologically addictive

. The brain can attach itself to all kinds of "needs"

That just a lack of fortitude, or some wires crossed.

I am NOT defending Pot btw. I just happen to know a lot more than I did a couple weeks ago.

couldn't and wouldn't are different things keep in mind Chan

; )

Looks like is going into rehab per PFT.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/13/martavis-bryant-expected-to-check-into-rehab/

I'll defend pot only as it is less dangerous than alcohol and tobacco....and both of those are legal....

Statistical deaths from alcohol, opioid and Tobacco are significant last year.

Guess how may from Cannabis?

Bryant has mental health issues i might guess.