A "friend of a friend" has a nice kid

Beerball

It bothers me when parents are that overbearing and demand perfection from their kid. Let's say a nice young man plays the trombone (for instance)....why would the parent yell and scream at him if he faltered a little bit? Same goes for homework and tests. The thing I despise is when a parent actually does the homework for the kid and then demands a 100 from the teacher. Some parents....smh

Some parents need a little perspective and throat chop.

The thing I despise is when a parent actually does the homework for the kid and then demands a 100 from the teacher. Some parents....smh

Two people get it, obviously.

I love looking at my old reports cards and seeing in the parent comments where my parents bitched about me not having perfect grades in kindergarten. "Only a 'satisfactory' in art? You can do better, Tom!" Yeah, as if coloring inside the lines was a critical life skill. And you started me in school a year early, and I did everything else at a third-grade level...but I'm sorry I wasn't a perfect five-year-old when I was four, you dumbasses.

And now you all know why I am who I am. Let that be a lesson to you all: don't B word when your kids are just a hair shy of perfect, or else they'll turn out like me.

I love looking at my old reports cards and seeing in the parent comments where my parents bitched about me not having perfect grades in kindergarten. "Only a 'satisfactory' in art? You can do better, Tom!" Yeah, as if coloring inside the lines was a critical life skill. And you started me in school a year early, and I did everything else at a third-grade level...but I'm sorry I wasn't a perfect five-year-old when I was four, you dumbasses.

And now you all know why I am who I am. Let that be a lesson to you all: don't B word when your kids are just a hair shy of perfect, or else they'll turn out like me.

Holy **** that explains a lot...

I was in a book store the other day and came across an old George Carlin book entitled "Napalm and Silly Putty." It was filled with a lot of funny thoughts, more than actual routines. One that stood out:

"Aren't you glad that once your parents are dead they can't come back and fu-k with you anymore?"

I thought that kind of fit into this thread.

I was in a book store the other day and came across an old George Carlin book entitled "Napalm and Silly Putty." It was filled with a lot of funny thoughts, more than actual routines. One that stood out:

"Aren't you glad that once your parents are dead they can't come back and fu-k with you anymore?"

I thought that kind of fit into this thread.

Exactly...I knew this one guy who was so upset with his kid's science teacher that he damn near called the teacher on the phone and threatened him...the parent was hell bent on getting his son a 100 on a science project of some sort. I tell ya...as if it wasn't bad enough that the parent was actually doing the assignment...but to threaten the teacher? In retrospect, if I see that gugny again I'm liable to give him a piece of my mind.

that was boring and too long to read it all. stop crying nancy.

Yeah, my idiot sister-in-law came out to visit us last year, with my two nephews. (Twins aged 12.)

Here they are, on a trip of a lifetime to the other side of the world, and her mom insists that they do at least 2 hours of homework each day. So, instead of taking in the scenery and culture of a foreign country, they had to sit inside and work on their maths skills. (While they could've been outside in the kayaks with me.)

The most frustrating thing about is that it was all for show.

She just wanted to show my wife and I just how "special" her little angels were. For example, she would go into the dining room where her boys were studying and ask them a long series of detailed questions and then instructions. The thing is... it was so obvious by the volume and tone of her voice, that she was only going in there, so everyone in the rest of the house could hear every her be a "special" parent.

It was all for show.

Those were the two longest weeks of my life.

(She scolded me in my own house, because I was using the term "fart" in front of the kids!)

Yeah, my idiot sister-in-law came out to visit us last year, with my two nephews. (Twins aged 12.)

Here they are, on a trip of a lifetime to the other side of the world, and her mom insists that they do at least 2 hours of homework each day. So, instead of taking in the scenery and culture of a foreign country, they had to sit inside and work on their maths skills. (While they could've been outside in the kayaks with me.)

The most frustrating thing about is that it was all for show.

She just wanted to show my wife and I just how "special" her little angels were. For example, she would go into the dining room where her boys were studying and ask them a long series of detailed questions and then instructions. The thing is... it was so obvious by the volume and tone of her voice, that she was only going in there, so everyone in the rest of the house could hear every her be a "special" parent.

It was all for show.

Those were the two longest weeks of my life.

(She scolded me in my own house, because I was using the term "fart" in front of the kids!)

This would be your brother's wife? Or your sister's wife? Either way, if these kids are in your house, they should play by your rules: kayaking in the morning, gin rummy at Noon with Mamosas, cocktails at 4pm and BBQ from 6-8pm.

This would be your brother's wife? Or your sister's wife? Either way, if these kids are in your house, they should play by your rules: kayaking in the morning, gin rummy at Noon with Mamosas, cocktails at 4pm and BBQ from 6-8pm.

(My wife's sister)

Yup, I agree with you 100%.

She actually told me that she didn't like the way I that spoke to her kids. (Using the word "Fart" and the kiwi slang term, "bloody".) Thankfully before I made the situation worse, by kicking her out... my wife reminded me that I had a beautiful motorcycle downstairs and a week off from work. That said, I had an awesome time riding around the South Island.

(My wife's sister)

Yup, I agree with you 100%.

She actually told me that she didn't like the way I that spoke to her kids. (Using the word "Fart" and the kiwi slang term, "bloody".) Thankfully before I made the situation worse, by kicking her out... my wife reminded me that I had a beautiful motorcycle downstairs and a week off from work. That said, I had an awesome time riding around the South Island.

And the kids probably heard you start it up and leave thinking "when I grow up I'm gonna get a motorcycle like Uncle Bad Things. Nice.