This is not a good idea...

Bullpen

Thanks for taking the opportunity to "teach a tailgater a lesson" while risking the lives a two to three other innocent drivers you morons! As one commenter aptly put it, "There are no winners when two idiots with bad attitudes meet."

http://jalopnik.com/why-you-never-ever-brake-check-another-driver-1764147377

Edited by Bullpen

Rule #2 of driving: don't play traffic cop. Don't worry about other people's driving, worry about your own. You are not a good enough driver to worry about other people's driving.

(Rule #1 is: car first, everything else second. If you've got something to do that's more important than driving...then pull over and stop driving.)

Not sure what the problem is here??

Rule #1 of driving: Don't be a d*ck. [and most people won't be one to you.] A$$hat tailgaiter got what he deserved . . .

Yeah, that really wasn't that bad. He didn't slam on his brakes (the car in the right lane didn't fly by him when he hit his brakes). The tailgater was just so friggin close and unprepared he overreacted. Stupid.

Not sure what the problem is here??

Rule #1 of driving: Don't be a d*ck. [and most people won't be one to you.] A$$hat tailgaiter got what he deserved . . .

All due respect, I think brake checking someone with other cars in close proximity and the resulting accident earns equal a$$hat status. That car could easily have gone, left, right, into the brake checkers rear end or even into the oncoming lane injuring any number of people.

Edited by Bullpen

Every day I go to work, there is a left-side ramp that I take that goes from one interstate to another.

Normally, the ramp is two lanes and you can drive 50 mph, but with the construction it is now down to one lane and 30 mph.

So what you have is people in the left lane backing up and sometimes going stop-and-go, while traffic in the straight lane to the right of you going 65 mph.

When I'm in the left lane and see the slow/stopped traffic ahead of me, I slow down gradually or coast up to the traffic backup.

What then happens is the traffic behind me will see me doing this, and then they will swerve to the right into the next lane, then swerve back in front of me, then drive 65 mph up to the backed-up traffic where they will then jam on their brakes to slow down and stop.

And every day, there are 3-4 accidents here because people always misjudge how long it takes for them to stop their car.

Yeah, that really wasn't that bad. He didn't slam on his brakes (the car in the right lane didn't fly by him when he hit his brakes). The tailgater was just so friggin close and unprepared he overreacted. Stupid.

Bad enough to be a tailgater. Even worse to be a clueless one who doesn't know how to do it.

Glad he ended up in the ditch and glad no one else was hurt.

Bad enough to be a tailgater. Even worse to be a clueless one who doesn't know how to do it.

Glad he ended up in the ditch and glad no one else was hurt.

Exactly!

Being that close... They should have punched it and went right before the brake check... Gonna tail, anticpate... But that SUV probably didn't have the balls to pass right (in that much room) while getting the hell out of the way (like a bike being driven offensively). What I am saying, given the right vehicle... Your best defense can be a potent offensive. Unfortunately, said tailgater doesn't doesn't even respect the capability of their own ride. Translation: don't tailgate in underperforming SUV... It isn't a Ferrari...

They would have been better off slamming into brake checker. If they are an arsewipe to tailgate, press forward, take the arsewipe brake checker out too... Hopefully nobody gets hurt and let the insurance companies sort it out.... At least everybody is going forward.

Brake checker took a big risk with the other vehicles around them... Fine if they are all alone... But don't check the others off as pawns.

I really cant decide who was worse on this situation. ALL behaving badly in a highly competitive game. Guy filming from left lane, other vehicle pressing in left lane, and guy in right not easing up. Ones won it all, the other lost it all. Game over!

:lol: I just rewatched it and noticed the guy in the dark Honda that is behind all the ensuing melee has zero F&%#s to give about that accident and just "nopes" his way around the wreck and continue on his merry way!

Must be a Californian. :D