Cast iron

Beerball

I had one of those in college which I bought at goodwill store. It was a very well seasoned pan but I further treated it myself.

After I got married my wife used it like a wok and wrecked it. Woks and cast iron pans need to be treated differently.

As a Scout... Attended Philmont on two expeditions. One of the highlights of a "semi" equipped camp was the cast iron Dutch ovens that were placed @ camp. Learned how to make cobbler and sopaipilla in those ovens. Nothing better!

Somebody was thinking... Leaving those heavy ovens strategically placed @ certain camps along the trail... No way would you want to turn a 80 pound back into 110 pounder... It would have been jettisoned not even a 10th of a klik down the trail! I do remember being reminded to season and stow the things on the way out... For the next lucky crew!

Now... When we were letting burrows carry our crap, no prob, load 'em and go old school camping! :-) Yet, those stubburn bastards didn't want to move on thw flats, yet wanted to race up a mountain! :-(

If the US had more businesses run like that, maybe we wouldn't have such a large trade defecit, and more job opportunities?

We are throw away society. There are cast iron hulls of boats still in service after 100+ years. What am saying is not every company can use their model, they are blessed w/one hell of a timeless product that never seems to loose demand because there are so few companies like this.

Be careful what you wish for, it usually wrecks things.

I do get what you are saying though on the surface. Just it would never happen. I am not sure I would really like to see it happen?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois