Bills Pre-draft visit tracker

I don't see him fitting well in a 3-4 base scheme. Agility scores were a bit meh, think he would struggle mightily on coverage drops.

As a 4-3 LDE, I don't mind him. His effort levels soured me quite a bit. If we're taking that kind of guy, I'd rather get value from Jordan Jenkins in the 3rd-4th range. Situational pass rusher type.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2016/sackseer-2016

FO likes him, FWIW.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a possibility that's he's undersized to play NT in the NFL (it would only be situational in my plan for him) but he's played NT & DE at Louisville quite successfully playing 1-gap and 2-gap roles. With teams being in nickel/dime packages so much these days, I think it's better to target Rankins over Billings as the interior complement to Dareus.

I don't see Nkemdiche being able to play any spot in a 3-4. For me, he's a pure 4-3 1-gapping 3-Tech. On top of that, I wouldn't call him gifted either. Gifted players produce and Robert just hasn't. He's nothing but recruiting hype. As I mentioned a while back, he's just a souped up version of Rakeem Nunez-Roches (who KC drafted in the 6th round). RNR had 21.5 TFL's, 5 sacks at Southern Miss, Nkemdiche had 16 TFL's, 6 sacks at Ole Miss.

Add into the mix that he can't put the bong down and his brother hangs around like a bad smell (Denzel is a huge influence on his little brother and might be schizophrenic). I just don't see him fulfilling what potential he has.

how does Rankins compare as a prospect to, say, Aaron Donald when he came out? Donald was also considered to be "undersized."

This certainly is a deep class when it comes to the front 4. My personal favorite is Ogbah, but I'd be happy with Rankins, Reed, Spence, Billings, Butler or Nkemdiche.

Ogbah is my choice because I believe he has position flexibility which is important in a Ryan defense. He can play OLB in a 34 or DE in a four man front. The kid is 275lbs and runs an amazing 4.6 as that weight. I love the way he disengages off blocks too.

Edited by Justice

how does Rankins compare as a prospect to, say, Aaron Donald when he came out? Donald was also considered to be "undersized."

Rankins isn't the phenom Aaron Donald was/is. Donald was a better pass rusher by a country mile. I don't think Donald was scheme-diverse like Rankins is though. Rankins is a future-proof pick if the Rex effect flounders and we end up back in a 4-3 scheme.

He's athletically shy of guys like Gerald McCoy and Geno Atkins in that 290-something range. He's not far off Malik Jackson coming out of Tennessee though (and 15lbs heavier).

It is reported that the Bills are visiting with Connor Cook, but not confirmed as to whether it is in East Lansing or at OBD and counts as a pre-draft visit.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2016/4/6/11380202/2016-nfl-draft-bills-will-visit-with-michigan-state-qb-connor-cook?utm_campaign=buffalorumblings&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Interesting... Haven't seen this yet from Bflo but maybe we will as they have several remaining

@greggabe

Many clubs use a portion of their allowed 30 visits on non-combine guys. They need a medical on them in order to potentially draft them

they have him signed for one year, with a 10mill option for next year. Add to that his injury history and I think they still need to draft a LT.

That's good. I think a trade back to acquire an extra pick would be ideal, since this draft is pretty deep in DL talent.

they have him signed for one year, with a 10mill option for next year. Add to that his injury history and I think they still need to draft a LT.

I think so too. That's why I was smiling. Though, Clady might spring back. Not sure what his injury history is. But Ferguson was rock-solid.