Beatles producer George Martin passed away

Not to hijack a RIP thread, but when I saw the headline earlier that didn't include "Beatles Producer", my eyes bugged out. Thought I'd never get to read the end to those friggin books!

RIP GM.

Not to hijack a RIP thread, but when I saw the headline earlier that didn't include "Beatles Producer", my eyes bugged out. Thought I'd never get to read the end to those friggin books!

RIP GM.

Which is why I led with "Beatles producer."

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I'm always fascinated with these things when they show you all the tracks and how music is produced. Having said that it's one of the reasons I'm almost a 100% live performance listener now. No overproduction there just raw music.

george Martin was a mad genius besides the Beatles there were hundreds of albums he worked on. jeff Becks Blow by Blow was ground breaking.

One tune on sgt. peppers and for now forget which one he brought a orchestra in they recorded a short piece he wrote. Then Took the master tape chopped in around 12 inch lengths The lads threw the pieces all over the studio floor then spliced them randomely back together. it became a backing track. recording is easy if you're creative. he was the best.

RIP George.

The first time I went to London, I went to Abbey Road to see the studios there.

As an aside, if you ever get a chance to see the documentary featuring George and his son working on the Beatles' Love soundtrack for the show in Vegas, it is very interesting.