Are the Dolphins a concern for you?

161 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Dolphins Defense a concern for the Bills

• Yes
    • Heck NO!

At the risk of this thread being bumped in December if the Dolphins are in 1st place in the division after having beaten us twice I'll say no. I still think Mario can be good but Ryan Tannehill doesn't scare me.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me Miami is doing it all wrong. They remind me of the old Bills, they're letting the young talent that they've built up walk away and they're going out and getting old players just because they have a "name" like Mario Williams. It's just not a good way of doing things in my eyes and it sends a wrong message to the young players in the locker room. Losing Lamar Miller and Olivier Vernon while having all that cap room literally makes no sense. Should've signed them to long term deals and loaded the money in bonuses to take away from the cap hit.

Tanehill is below average to maybe average at best. They are overpaying him and have committed a ton of money to him, Suh, and a lifeless M. Williams. Mario couldn't handle the press here in Buffalo. The Miami lifestyle is going to be a terrible fit. He chased one more pay day. Good for him.

They will be worst in division.

The Jets and Bowles are the team to watch.

Tanehill is below average to maybe average at best. They are overpaying him and have committed a ton of money to him, Suh, and a lifeless M. Williams. Mario couldn't handle the press here in Buffalo. The Miami lifestyle is going to be a terrible fit. He chased one more pay day. Good for him.

Great hunting down there....

The Dolphins are not a threat because their defense wasn't the problem. They suck on offense. Also Mario is no threat. He doesn't really want to play. Get in his face and he will quit.

And yet, statistically, we had some our worst games defensively against their offense in 2015. In the first matchup a lot of their production came in garbage time, granted. But in the home game, we were a Hughes strip-sack away from being up against it hard.

See, this is where I think Bills fans have it all wrong.

First, it wasn't Tallywhacker who stunk it up last year as the guy threw for 4208 yards with 24 TD's and only 12 INT's This with two fools running the team in Philbin and Campbell along with two different OC's for the season.

Look at what they did to the QB in forcing him to try and win games with his arm. 588 attempts passing vs only 344 rushing attempts and the Dolphins were 32nd in rushing attempts.

I think new HC Adam Gase will set up the offense the right way and if they fix that offensive line they could be a real force next season.

Also, Mario William's is upset that so many say he quit on the team and he took heat for it all last year. From what I'm hearing is that he is pissed and highly motivated to make opinions around the league change and is the reason he wanted to play for Miami.

The Bills were 8-8 last season, the Phins were 6-10 and the difference was that the Bills beat them twice. In the two games this season I like the Bills' chances, but they aren't locks by any stretch. Coming off that 8-8 season, I am concerned with every team the Bills play.

If the team chemistry under Rex increases, as well as the motivation, the Bills should be a better team this year!

not concerned

most importantly, tannehill is mediocre.

we match up well against them.

I look at that as 2 wins next year.

Let's hope that's the case along with two wins over the Pats.

Miami is a disaster the deal for Alonzo/Maxwell is back on, enjoy your overpaid/washed up/injured defense.

Dolphins acquired WLB Kiko Alonso, CB Byron Maxwell, and the No. 13 overall pick in the 2016 draft from the Eagles in exchange for the No. 8 overall pick in this year's draft.

Alonso was thrown into the deal as a way to sweeten the pot for the Dolphins to take on mega-bust, damaged goods CB Byron Maxwell and his disgusting six-year, $63 million contract. Alonso is coming off a 2014 torn ACL of his own and again partially tore the same ligament last season before returning for the final nine games of the season after missing seven weeks. When healthy, Alonso is a dynamic, athletic, rangy linebacker, but he comes with a ton of risk.

Thanks for the details!

Ryan Tannehill is still their QB, so no.

The offense is poor, true.

... Also, Mario William's is upset that so many say he quit on the team and he took heat for it all last year. From what I'm hearing is that he is pissed and highly motivated to make opinions around the league change and is the reason he wanted to play for Miami.

This is funny. The only reason he is playing in Miami is because nobody else was gonna give him what he wanted. "First team to offer me $10m wins."

After last year and with the pro personnel community having watched his film and questioning his heart, I would hope he has sufficient motivation to return to form anyway. He's been called out.

GO BILLS!!!

Looks like the Dolphins are getting stronger while Bills if anything appear to be weaker. Who is going to play the defensive end position left behind by Mario Williams?

Whaley has made a mess of our salary cap, way too much dough for average type players.

I am just not seeing how our defense gets better with some major subtractions and nothing coming back our way.

Where are the play makers on this team with all the money we have spent?

Edited by Niagara Dude

Looks like the Dolphins are getting stronger while Bills if anything appear to be weaker. Who is going to play the defensive end position left behind by Mario Williams? Whaley has made a mess of our salary cap, way too much dough for average players.

Dolphins lose Grimes, Oliver, and most likely Wake along with Lamar Miller....gain Kiko, Maxwell, and Mario....not much better to me

Edited by nucci