Odds that Whaley does a "Sammy" in the draft?

Jaylon Smith will fall out of the 1st Round entirely. He might be a day two pick, but some teams are calling him undraftable at this point. His medical re-check in April is going to be huge for him.

I'm shocked anyone thinks Smith will see the field at all in 2016, but I can't imagine him not being drafted.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm shocked anyone thinks Smith will see the field at all in 2016, but I can't imagine him not being drafted.

I think they already noted that anyone who drafts him will know that he is going to basically have a red-shirt year. No football for him until 2017, if ever again. Sucks because he was a great player for the Irish and got injured on a cheap shove in the back by an Ohio St. lineman.

I think they already noted that anyone who drafts him will know that he is going to basically have a red-shirt year. No football for him until 2017, if ever again. Sucks because he was a great player for the Irish and got injured on a cheap shove in the back by an Ohio St. lineman.

Yeah, it was kinda of a cheap shove, but certainly not one you'd think would cause career threatening injury. You just never know -- any step can be the last for these guys. Glad he had some financial protection in place but it would really be a shame to not get to see him in the NFL. He's a special player.

That is my thought, mostly. Fill the need via the draft. and no need to get one early IMO. he will be rotational player don't you think ?

Who will be playing NT for us in this fully pregnant D? Kyle? I don't think he is a great fit to begin with and it won't help his chances of staying healthy.

Damon Harrison.

OK thanks. Got it now.

Who will be playing NT for us in this fully pregnant D? Kyle? I don't think he is a great fit to begin with and it won't help his chances of staying healthy.

OK thanks. Got it now.

Oh i sure agree the need a fat kid who doesn't get moved easily or at all.

If "pot roast" was available i would be all over that. But "snacks" will likely be priced out Bills reach. and heck, Knighton might be too.

If they find one in fourth i would feel pretty good about that. Its not like Rex is going to play the same tech over center each down each team : )

Oh i sure agree the need a fat kid who doesn't get moved easily or at all.

If "pot roast" was available i would be all over that. But "snacks" will likely be priced out Bills reach. and heck, Knighton might be too.

If they find one in fourth i would feel pretty good about that. Its not like Rex is going to play the same tech over center each down each team : )

There's no if. He's available.

Thank you. from what little i have read and seen , i had some hope he might find a way onto Rex's Bills this year.

Seems like a reasonable value for how Ryan might use him?

What do you guys think?

I see he was drafted in the 3rd round.

In regard to the question about Whaley, i might think he needs more volume in the middle rounds this time around, increasing his chances of hitting on some starters if not early contributors

Thank you. from what little i have read and seen , i had some hope he might find a way onto Rex's Bills this year.

Seems like a reasonable value for how Ryan might use him?

What do you guys think?

I see he was drafted in the 3rd round.

In regard to the question about Whaley, i might think he needs more volume in the middle rounds this time around, increasing his chances of hitting on some starters if not early contributors

Yes to Pot Roast at $2M or below.

Not very high. The Bills don't have that one glaring need. Offensively they have a couple of holes at RT and WR and defensively they look to need a good amount of help finding a pass rush and a MLB along with another possible hole at safety. So they go quantity over quality, try and find a couple of impact players rounds 1 and 2, and then hit on another big contributor in the mid rounds or at the very least find depth and immediate role players later in the draft.

I would call LB and DL glaring needs.

Not very high. The Bills don't have that one glaring need. Offensively they have a couple of holes at RT and WR and defensively they look to need a good amount of help finding a pass rush and a MLB along with another possible hole at safety. So they go quantity over quality, try and find a couple of impact players rounds 1 and 2, and then hit on another big contributor in the mid rounds or at the very least find depth and immediate role players later in the draft.

Really? lol. I can name a few