Odds that Whaley does a "Sammy" in the draft?

Is there any chance that Whaley pulls off a trade to move up in the draft? If so, who would he be going after? What would he be willing to give up?

To me it seems highly improbable given all of the needs this team has both immediately and moving forward. I honestly think he went after Sammy to make the EJ situation work not simply because the Bills really wanted Sammy that badly.

I just don't see him doing anything in the first round.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any chance that Whaley pulls off a trade to move up in the draft? If so, who would he be going after? What would he be willing to give up?

To me it seems highly improbable given all of the needs this team has both immediately and moving forward. I honestly think he went after Sammy to make the EJ situation work not simply because the Bills really wanted Sammy that badly.

I just don't see him doing anything in the first round.

I heard before the draft that the Bills loved Sammy. The trade was as much about the player as anything. They thought he was a sure fire star. He is.

I don't see them going up in this draft unless Myles Jack slips a little. Leroi indicated that they love him as a prospect. He is going to be a star as well. If he is somehow still on the board around 10, I could see them pulling the trigger.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I heard before the draft that the Bills loved Sammy. The trade was as much about the player as anything. They thought he was a sure fire star. He is.

I don't see them going up in this draft unless Myles Jack slips a little. Leroi indicated that they love him as a prospect. He is going to be a star as well. If he is somehow still on the board around 10, I could see them pulling the trigger.

if he is there at six the Ravens grab him.

Imo

Not very high. The Bills don't have that one glaring need. Offensively they have a couple of holes at RT and WR and defensively they look to need a good amount of help finding a pass rush and a MLB along with another possible hole at safety. So they go quantity over quality, try and find a couple of impact players rounds 1 and 2, and then hit on another big contributor in the mid rounds or at the very least find depth and immediate role players later in the draft.

As the draft approaches the consensus increases that he is one of the best players in this draft. Any team that doesn't love him as a prospect is a team whose scouting department is incompetent. The more his talent is acknowledged the probability increases that he is a top five to seven player which means that the cost will be extremely high.

This draft is loaded with a lot of good defensive players. Our first two selections, if they are defensive players, should be receiving meaningful playing time. The reality is that our defense is being reconfigured and as many others are saying there are a number of needs on defense.

Going against the grain I wouldn't complain if Whaley used his first round pick for an OT. Our right side is a major problem area. The missing on Kujo was a set back for our OL. And I wouldn't complain if Whaley traded down to add another pick or two.