Ty Powell is back this year, right?

eball

Tender 1 is $1.7 million, he was getting paid $585,000 in 2015 and vet minimum for him in 2016 would be $675,000. It certainly wouldn't be worth it to tender him at $1.7 million and so he'll become an UFA. The Bills will probably offer him the $675,000 and he'll be back. I don't see any other teams offering him any more than that.

I'm hoping that they re-sign him...he's a guy I liked a lot coming out of a small school.

I also think that he's the type that will be a late-bloomer. He played so many different positions at Harding (DE, DT, OLB, CB, S) that you had to figure he'd be a long-term project. His workout numbers were excellent too.

I don't see him as a guy that could potentially start this year, but as far as realistic, versatile options at ILB go, he's probably as inexpensive as they come.

Tender 1 is $1.7 million, he was getting paid $585,000 in 2015 and vet minimum for him in 2016 would be $675,000. It certainly wouldn't be worth it to tender him at $1.7 million and so he'll become an UFA. The Bills will probably offer him the $675,000 and he'll be back. I don't see any other teams offering him any more than that.

Ahh, yes, makes sense not to tender at that level.

I'm hoping that they re-sign him...he's a guy I liked a lot coming out of a small school.

I also think that he's the type that will be a late-bloomer. He played so many different positions at Harding (DE, DT, OLB, CB, S) that you had to figure he'd be a long-term project. His workout numbers were excellent too.

I don't see him as a guy that could potentially start this year, but as far as realistic, versatile options at ILB go, he's probably as inexpensive as they come.

Ditto.

I can't believe the Bills think Mills & Hogan are worth 1.7 Million instead of 1/2 Million, yet he isn't/ I don't think any of them have earned 1.7, especially in our cap situation. After losing Carrington as backup and Mario being released on the D-line, the same goes for Bryant. If Mills and Hogan are worth 1.7 (which I question) how are those two not at least as valuable.

I can't believe the Bills think Mills & Hogan are worth 1.7 Million instead of 1/2 Million, yet he isn't/ I don't think any of them have earned 1.7, especially in our cap situation. After losing Carrington as backup and Mario being released on the D-line, the same goes for Bryant. If Mills and Hogan are worth 1.7 (which I question) how are those two not at least as valuable.

Well, Bryant did get tendered, so they obviously do think he's worth it.

I would really like to see Charles brought back as well, as I think he's a good fit for the 5T spot behind Dareus.

We'll see what they do by 4:00 p.m. tomorrow.

Well, it all comes down to player evaluation, doesn't it? Without being in the room with them, we can only assume they've evaluated these players differently than you have.

I think they will get him back if they want. Temper your expectations though. People often have rough years coming back from ACL damage

Indeed...though I think the fact that he got hurt in TC bodes well for his ability to be on the field and full-go come week 1.

Of the athletes I've worked with, two have had ACL tears, and both said they started feeling "themselves" again about a full year after the injury. Of course, those guys weren't football players (one was a power-lifter, the other a soccer player).

This is part of issue with mandatory minimum salaries; if a player gets injured he collects for the year BUT can lose out opportunity to play next year because it is cheaper for teams to sign fresh replacement. It should be player's call NOT union's mandate.

I don't get why everyone is so enamored with Powell. He is good. But his ceiling is there with Lawson and Bradham.

Can only speak for myself, but for me it's because he was so talked up by Rex & Co. last July.

I don't get why everyone is so enamored with Powell. He is good. But his ceiling is there with Lawson and Bradham.

The comparison to Bradham or Lawson doesn't really apply IMO.

The reason that I like Powell is that he fits the mold of a 3-4 Will, which is something that they don't currently have.

He's got good size, can rush the passer from a variety of spots, is a very good athlete, and has experience playing CB...that type of guy can be extremely useful in sub-packages.

The comparison to Bradham or Lawson doesn't really apply IMO.

The reason that I like Powell is that he fits the mold of a 3-4 Will, which is something that they don't currently have.

He's got good size, can rush the passer from a variety of spots, is a very good athlete, and has experience playing CB...that type of guy can be extremely useful in sub-packages.

the ceiling of him it certainly does. Powell will never be an all star LB. He will be the workman, blue collar underappreciated consistent player at best or at worse the high hopes, skill set and ability given player who never opens the full potential.

Can only speak for myself, but for me it's because he was so talked up by Rex & Co. last July.

Rex would talk up a piece of rock if anyone would listen or put a camera On him