What about Maddox?

IDBillzFan

At the bottom of a link on another thread, it was mentioned the Steelers would be willing to take a second or third round pick for Maddox.

Now THIS strikes me as a plausible backup QB because he understands and accepts his role so well as a backup, and would be great to help teach JP while bringing some decent experience given that we seem to be building our team in the model of the Steelers.

How do you do it? Get a second or third for Henry outside of the division, and give it to the Steelers for Maddox.

Now look...I'm not a cap guy, etc., so this may make no sense from a money standpoint. But if you look around for an experienced backup who has no problem being a backup...I'd take Maddox over Kordel, Garcia, Kitna, Holcomb, et. al. And it would only cost us a guy we're getting ready to trade anyway.

Discuss.

If we were looking at Maddox as our starter, I would consider a 2nd or 3rd rounder, but for a backup, I think the price is to high. You're right that he looks better than a lot of the alternatives, but I'd see who is out there come 3/1. I would say by draft time, we will probably have the #2 QB issue resolved.