Brant DT, Hogan WR, Mills OT have tendered contracts

Fixxxer

I wonder if that means that Easley is done.

Yea - I would think so. Hogan is a good special teams player but not Easley standard and he is a better receiver. Those two things combined plus Easley's injury status and his history of not being healthy could be the logic. They only save the equivalent of a minimum salary this year by cutting Easley though.

Not bringing back Stefan Charles because we're really tight and had to choose between him and Corbin Bryant - I understand.

Bringing back Jordan Mills because he's an Offensive Tackle and we're in dire need of them - I understand.

Bringing back #3 WR (at best) Chris Hogan instead of Bacarri Rambo when he could have easily been replaced by either Greg Salas, Jarrett Boykin, or Greg Little - I'll never understand. Especially considering how tight financially they are.

Eh, I'm not sure Rambo is worth the $1.7 million cap hit and it might be easier to get him signed with a lower cap hit for this year. Offer him a 3 year deal but keep his cap hit lower for this year, I'm sure he isn't going to get a ton of offers.

Yea - I would think so. Hogan is a good special teams player but not Easley standard and he is a better receiver. Those two things combined plus Easley's injury status and his history of not being healthy could be the logic. They only save the equivalent of a minimum salary this year by cutting Easley though.

Indeed--I'm less confident that Hogan's re-signing means cutting Easley, but more confident that it means they're unsure they'll get him back.

Eh, I'm not sure Rambo is worth the $1.7 million cap hit and it might be easier to get him signed with a lower cap hit for this year. Offer him a 3 year deal but keep his cap hit lower for this year, I'm sure he isn't going to get a ton of offers.

I'd be good with that.

If we get:

Rambo

Hogan

Mills

Bryant

all back then that is a good result. I always suspected Charles would be an odd man out. Not sure he really fits the Rex defense anyway.

I'd be good with that.

If we get:

Rambo

Hogan

Mills

Bryant

all back then that is a good result. I always suspected Charles would be an odd man out. Not sure he really fits the Rex defense anyway.

I think you can add Powell to that list as well. I definitely don't think he was worth the $1.7 million. I think they could get him back at vet minimum or around that $675,000 mark.

I think you can add Powell to that list as well. I definitely don't think he was worth the $1.7 million. I think they could get him back at vet minimum or around that $675,000 mark.

Honestly I'd rather have Powell than Rambo, if only because this team is so remarkably thin at LB.

Honestly I'd rather have Powell than Rambo, if only because this team is so remarkably thin at LB.

If it was a choice of only Powell or Rambo, I'd take Powell too. I think they could get them both back, if they can get Rambos cap hit for this year at about $800,000. It'll be a bump in pay for him but both Powell and Rambo would come in under that Tender level 1 price. I don't see Rambos market being massive, so it's possible.